Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My sons new 300 AAC Blackout

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Big Al is right. That is how some attach. But since I cut these to match, there is the .125" wall tube that is thinned further on the lathe. Then I spin an internally threaded nut with a smoot od that will allow tube press fit over the nut. Once pressed on and ensured it is true to the barrel I drill a hole from the tube into the nut and heliarc th hole shut. This locks the two together permanently and very solidly. I then turn or file or sand the top of the weld to make it disappear. Then I torque the tube barrel and receiver to spec, mark the location of the gas tube, remove, drill one hole for the gas tube then reinstall. Done.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Cool. It looks great.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Heres his birthday gift. Whatchall think? He designed the free float tube, the muzzle brake is waiting on being threaded.

Feedback Score

That looks great. I think we'd all like a birthday gift like that!

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That looks very nice VZ58. That handguard really sets it apart from a kit gun. What kind of muzzle break are you going with? What load are you going to use for deer? How does the GMB mini gun barrel shoot? Too many questions?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

We both got some trigger time today. Had to get the.gas port up to .125" for reliable bho. 20 rounds fired of hornady 125 grain. One miss feed bolt over round. Apparently this round does NOT like the gm barrel.my best group was 1.875" @100 yards. My average was 2.5" My son was consistant at 2.5" groups.. now i know you may be saying thats not bad. But i was expecting 1-1.5" groups. Yes it is plenty good for hunting where i am taking him. Its 77 yards and under. Heck i have a colt 5.56 that cant shoot under 3" and a H&K 5.56 that is lucky to do 1.5". But after all the hype i was expecting better. I may recrown the barrel and who knows sometimes a new barrel takes a few boxes to settle in.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I also was able to get 8 rounds down the 450 bushmaster using an eotec before it got too dark. 7 out of 8 were touching. Infact you could only count a 4-5 round cloverleaf. The 8th was when it was dark and i guestmated where the dot was. It was 1 inch high right. That bitch will bump your shoulder!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

VZ, Do you think the gatling gun barrel has a bit oversized bore? And how long is the barrel and what length gas system did you use? 2.5" groups or not, it still a very cool gift that I'm sure leaves your son with a sh*t eattin grin every time he picks that gun up.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Barrel is 17.5" i went long to make it muzzle heavy for him. Carbine gas system is required for 14-20" bbls. Pilot on the reamer fit just right so i dont think it is oversized and the specs on the barrel showed the correct bore. Maybe the crown is off but it looks right.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the info VZ58. I'm still on the fence on exactally what upper to make for my son's first deer rifle, but the blackout is on the list.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.