Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moores Machine ARs.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Dont confuse barnes and mmc. Barnes is a straight up guy withe nice stuff. Moores ( now that i am asking around) is not sich a good rep.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

every one seems to like Barnes Presision. one guys i'm talking about were out of t'ville. they had their own logo on the lowers. i ask who made them. they told me Moore's. there were other's there who also had their on roll mark that MMC made.
    BTW, didn't MMC made the way out of spec Roggio Arsenal lower too?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Geez, I sure wouldn't do business with them any Moore.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by vz58 View Post
    My neighbor bought an AR that is a Moores Machine. He was a "little" unhappy with it and put it in a safe for a while. We were talking the other day and the subject of new toys came up. I took a look at it and it is all kinds of fucked up. Its an unthreaded 20" stainless barrel with a CARBINE gas system and a .130" gas hole!!!! WTF over? We have no idea if it is a .223 or 5.56 chamber or even the twist as it unmarked The bolt feels wrong. You know how you handle metal and sometimes it FEELS wrong? The carrier and small parts feel fine. The lower to upper fit is sloppy loose. Rattle loose. I tried a colt upper and it was still sloppy so i am assuming the lower is out of spec. Now I have no idea if this is typical of this company. but I KNOW this gun is not one anyone I know will shoot.
    I have never heard of Moores Machine and a carbine length gas tube on a 20" barrel definitely isn't right. The rattle isn't as big an issue. There are mods you can buy to fix that for really cheap. But the barrel would be an issue especially if you don't know what type of twist or what type of pressure it can take (I have seen an AR explode before... not cute). Do you think you can post some pictures for a better idea?
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

My neighbor bought an AR that is a Moores Machine. He was a "little" unhappy with it and put it in a safe for a while. We were talking the other day and the subject of new toys came up. I took a look at it and it is all kinds of fucked up. Its an unthreaded 20" stainless barrel with a CARBINE gas system and a .130" gas hole!!!! WTF over? We have no idea if it is a .223 or 5.56 chamber or even the twist as it unmarked The bolt feels wrong. You know how you handle metal and sometimes it FEELS wrong? The carrier and small parts feel fine. The lower to upper fit is sloppy loose. Rattle loose. I tried a colt upper and it was still sloppy so i am assuming the lower is out of spec. Now I have no idea if this is typical of this company. but I KNOW this gun is not one anyone I know will shoot.
    AR-15 Problems - Survivalist Forum

Check out this link. I just read this thread on another forum. Does sound like a piece of junk just looking like an accident is waiting to happen.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

AR-15 Problems - Survivalist Forum

Check out this link. I just read this thread on another forum. Does sound like a piece of junk just looking like an accident is waiting to happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.