Gunco Forums banner

ejector mod 101--

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  22_boomer 
#1 ·
arejector

i have been shooting the m-16/ar-15 since 1980, the old a1 model would burn my face shooting left handed.

the a2 sort of fixed the problem for the lefty.

with all the surplus a1 uppers floating around i am building a few for nostalgia and i am going to have to mod the ejector to avoid running the damnable shell-deflector.

this quick little mod also helps you keep up with the brass--nice neat little piles--- it works it is cheap and quick--

#2 ·
arejector

i have been shooting the m-16/ar-15 since 1980, the old a1 model would burn my face shooting left handed.

the a2 sort of fixed the problem for the lefty.

with all the surplus a1 uppers floating around i am building a few for nostalgia and i am going to have to mod the ejector to avoid running the damnable shell-deflector.

this quick little mod also helps you keep up with the brass--nice neat little piles--- it works it is cheap and quick--
How far does the brass go and does it still land at like 11:00 O'clock?

#3 ·
I've done that modification to several of my rifles. I didn't trim the spring as much as that guy did and my brass lands about 3' away at about the 2:00 position, but that is with the uppers with the shell deflector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.