ar 15 80% build

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  allesennogwat 
#1 ·
been playin around and have come up with this
about 2 more hours and it will be done

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
yep love doing 80%... all ya need is a couple hours and a nice bit...

yer getting pretty close on the back end toward the spring retainer. :)

#3 ·
yes good job these new ar 80% are much earier to work with, then say the old Tannery cast & forged 80%, a skilled builder can knock these right out see how it functions then anodize there are hundreds of threads on different methods for doing this

sprat

#4 ·
Wish I had the room to put some machining tools in the garage. I'd love to try my hand at it. Especially a .308 lower. Looks good to me Earnie, although I'm no machinist.

#6 ·
Viper, I think you're right. I need more gun building/machining space. My wife probably wouldn't argue either.

#9 ·
yep SPRAT has seen my tutorial on doing these with a drill press... its doable and you dont need a garage full of tools... hell i dont even have any real skills and it still only took a few hours to knock this out with a drill press. :)

#12 ·
I see lots of folks using the TM 80% lowers, I bought a bunch from Audibike( ar-15.com) a few years back they are similar. there are other sites offering them.

Sean is right he recently did do a tutorial on doing these 80% with a drill press, I apologize for not following it over at the guild as I did this procedure 5-10 yrs ago, when finishing a 0% DSA lower I did with hand tools and drill press I think it is here in the old threads or over at roderus

every once and a while you will see group buys on these, it is always good to use the search engine on various build sites

sprat

#13 ·
didnt i post that tutorial here too? pretty sure i did.

will go look.

yes yes i did.. here is the link to the short version of it here at GUNCO

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f255/ar-diy-w-drill-press-plate-54391/

or if you need the long drawn out version its over at WeaponsGuild.

just dont have time to convert and transfer it all over to here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.