Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Musings- Homemade Sheetmetal AR Lower?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

2ndAmendican
    You have an email, get back to me on it
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Coils, I have always known the name AR180, but had no clue what it was.
    The first time I seen one of the older models was about three years ago at a local shop, had no idea what it was and came home to check it out online, went back the next day to put it on lay-a-way and it was sold. Been looking for one at a good price ever since, most in this area are in the 1300-1500 range.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Gunny, didn't get it. Not sure why. E-mail me direct @: jetmd928@hotmail.com
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Gunny, didn't get it. Not sure why. E-mail me direct @: jetmd928@hotmail.com
    On it's way
    It's an Office 2010 file I can make it an earlier version if you need it.
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

yes there was a build on home gunbuilds( roderus) using sheet metal plates,

further back that that, just when the first building sites started on the internet, there was two interesting sheet metal builds. each concept/ build was taken from the WW2 M-1 carbine lower builds, seem near the end of WW2 one contractor figured they could take sheet metal sheets and braze them together, then cut out the lower. This is a fact because, I own one of these lowers!

anyway on to recent history, these two guys did the same thing using that same concept, one brazed his sheets together and attached a buffer tube feature to the end, the other guy used screws to attach his sheets. they both worked fine, not perfect but functioned

amazing what you can do if you use your head
    oh there was also a few done with AK builds, and one that was assembled like a erector set built kit (if your over 45yrs old you will know what that is)

history lesson for today is over

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Cool, thanks for the info Sprat.

And unfortunately I know what an Erector Set is, and did own a set. As well as a Lincoln Log set. LOL. I'm really feeling old, thanks!! Of course it doesn't help that my son turns 27 next week!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The sheet metal build on homegunsmith.com was done by agreyman. Google might be able to search for the threads for you.

I've also seen the one from cutting boards, and there was another one a guy made out of a pine board. It was incredibly ugly, but it worked.

What you have to keep in mind is that the AR's upper contains all the important bits, and recoil is transferred straight back to the stock from the upper. The lower is just a bracket to hold the trigger group and magazine.
    That's why, although it was designed as a 7075 aluminum forging, at least one company injection molds them out of plastic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Gunny beat me to the like on homegunsmith. I definitely never paid to sign up though, that sounds heenky.
    Semper Fortis, Paratus Et Potens, Non Sibi, Sed Patriae.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

2ndAmendican,
    did you get it?
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Got it Gunny. Thanks!!!!! A tremendous build brother!! That thing looks WAY nicer than I was thinking of, but has now set the bar for me. It definitely gave me plenty of ideas. You don't happen to have any plans on the jigs that you used, or want to get rid of the jigs, do you?? Hope you don't mind an e-mail or three questioning various things.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.