Gunco Forums banner

Composite Lowers...

6K views 46 replies 10 participants last post by  bellson 
#1 ·
#36 ·
j427,

no more than these cost you can pay for your own. :) i just got 2 more yesterday... so ive got over a dozen of these to compare to all my regular AR's & the ones we did from blocks..

just for you though here is a 1,000 round test in 5.56 of these:

The Glock of AR-15s - forum.Saiga-12.com

ya gotta remember not everything is for everybody. lots of people swear up and down that Glocks are no good. others dont like M1 carbines.. and many more wont touch an AK.... theres also a large crowd that are sure that blackrifles of any type are junk.

for me a gun is what you make of it.

if your coming in my house door that Saiga12 of mine is gonna do the job just fine.

but if your over at my neighbors house an AK is great.

if your at my other neighbors house? PKM is perfect.

theres a use and a place for everything, including plastic guns.

#37 ·
when will i see a grunt doing a combat roll with one, or a bunch of boots doing butt-strokes and bayonet drills? now that would be interesting.

i would like to see a rifle company of boots outfitted with these plastic lowers. in seconds of handing the rifles out one is probably going to get broke---

they may be OK for some very light use. no fricking way these are as strong as a forging.

yep ONE may have made 1,000 rounds while being treated like a baby--where tens of thousands of the forgings made 50K+ rounds after being treated like a red-headed step child!

sure many are going to buy these simple for the "disposable" aspect and i am sure they have their reasons.

but i seriously doubt anybody is buying plastic lowers for durability.

#38 ·
J,

seriously?

i get it. these wont be for you. still doesnt mean they arent OK. i dont like fat women..... doesnt mean they are bad.... just not for me.

but seriously? do you really think people dont shoot these? or shoot these a LOT?
or that only 1 has had a test? ive shot thousands of rounds thru these things, but dont always write it down and make a big test out of it. we shoot because we like to shoot or blow shit up....

honestly cant tell you how many rounds of 5.45x39 have been thru my favorite AR on one of these lowers but its more than a couple of spam cans for sure.

but your right i dont use them to open doors with the buttstock & wouldnt with an Aluminum one either.

come on! ive broken AR's that were billet, let alone regular forged. when i need to open a door i use the KNOB or a sledgehammer.

just wait till you see the new PLASTIC springs that are coming out. :)

#39 ·
why bother if it ain't as strong as the real thing? gee-wizz is saving $50 that big of a deal?

besides who knows how long these things will last? i have seen plastic oil cans bust from just setting in the sun for a few days--

maybe i should start making some plastic lowers, melt down some plastic bottles and melly-vannalli CD's!

what will i call this new high-tech creation?

maybe "P"hit-sandwich!!!--LOL one of those things you don't have to taste to know you don't want any!

and when did you break a billet? when did you break a forging? i want to know WHOs forgings and billets you managed to break?

i have been shooting these things for real since 1981 and i have only seen a boot break ONE and that was his fault--

so give me some names and dates or i am gonna call BS on that one---

#40 ·
I have built cast Tannery 80%'s and forged 0% DSA to audibike and TM 80% after 15 years I have never broken a casting or forged. oh with hand tools

heck I recall numerous post in the very early 2000's about not using the cast receivers because they were to fragile, mine are still going strong with no problems, I guess the same could be said for reinforced polymer. only time will tell

sprat

#41 ·
Got mine yesterday, seems pretty decent.

I have to cobble together an upper for it, gonna be my Hog/Zombie killer. 20" 1:7, A3 upper.

JSE was FAST about shipping me the stuff I needed for this. Gotta bum some hand guards from a buddy.

#42 ·
JSE is really good. i have bought tons of stuff from them in the past few years. they are nearly as cheap as that chepo jip-joint that sells may-pop stuff. but JSE is all first class hardware, no seconds or rejects. i just wish they carried 1911 stuff!

good luck with the plastic stuff!

#43 ·
im gonna call BS on this entire line of crap.... towards a product that you have already admitted:

YOU DONT OWN
YOU HAVENT TRIED
YOU HAVENT TESTED

you have no clue & no experience with them, yet are just spouting off stuff about another mans business and lively hood.....

how many of these have you shot?
how many of these have you broke?
how many of these have you tested?
how many of these do YOU own?
how many of these have you fit on various uppers?
how many of these have you actually ever even held in your hand?

got anything of YOUR OWN that you can actually contribute about these?

what? you dont like them? even with out trying them? ok so be it. dont like them.

is that any reason to hate on another GOOD member of our community who is providing a product and has done NOTHING to you?

the entire development of this product was to give back to the community at a discount price and a very very small profit.

your publicly bashing a product (& business) you've never even held in your hand or tried.

you think this is about saving $50? we waste that on breakfast at Bob Evans.

ITS ABOUT HAVING OPTIONS.

its about knowing that you dont HAVE to pay $250 for a lower if you dont want to.

ITS ANOTHER CONTROL on "big" manufactures.. they cant go too high now or they wont sell.. its a price blocker against them.

its about manufactures that THINK they have you over the barrel for a pounding figuring out that they dont.

its about being able to choose something different if you want to.

Why bother? you said... well hell why bother with a AR at all? use a real gun! Use a Garand! Use a 50BMG!

oh wait ive actually USED a 50BMG on one of these!

now as to your question: how did i break a forging? the EXACT same way the guy ACTUALLY broke the Plumcrazy. i broke it putting a buffer tube in it. simple as that. oh by the way 12-14-10. im not gonna go your route and bash on a manufacturer.

the billet? broke it by beating it to death in a TOK AR conversion build. still broke the back off of it. 3-3-11 for the build contest.... same thing here: not gonna bash the maker as i wasnt using it for what they sold it for.

dont believe it? matters not to me. my reputation in this hobby is pretty well known & easily vouched for.

it can happen to anything we build. its part of the hobby.

your missing the entire point of what im saying.

if you dont like it, dont buy it. if you have REAL experience with it? post it up and share it, we can all learn and get safer from it or avoid the problem.

but its not good for any of us or the community for you to set and blast away at a product, a member of our community & a fellow gunbuilder (he's even a member here) when you have ZERO actual experience with his product & couldnt have an issue with it.

your not the first to do this, you wont be the last either. we as a hobby have always been our own worst enemy.

if you think this makes you look "hard" or "good"? then bash away... maybe someday you'll come up with a product or item and some fellow gunbuilders will give you the same treatment without ever trying your investment/creation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.