Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Composite Lowers...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by bulrich View Post
    I have two on the way. I plan on torture testing one of them.

let us know how that turns out!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

j427x,

so you wont be coming over? thats a bit of a drive for you. :-)

just like you can pull up pix of broken polymer lowers i can pull up pix of broken forged ones. its not that hard to do.

did you read about the one in YOUR picture? the guy put a bad buffer tube on it, mismatched buffers and got key strikes in the back where he bottomed it out... he BEAT IT INTO..... it was an UPPER PROBLEM not the fault of the lower... & yet even when admitting it was HIS FAULT... they still sent him a new one. as a note: he also received impact marks in his Aluminum lowers when he ran this combo.

but if you want to go that route then read this thread: Plum crazy composite lower...is it reliable - Page 2

or maybe this one...

Plum Crazy Lowers - Page 6 - Colorado AR-15 Shooters Club Discussion Forums

and heres a forged lower to show it can happen there too.

no one said these are perfect or the only choice in the world, but the likely hood of a regular shooter buying one of these and "wearing them out" is not too high.

im not sure how much more torture testing past the 50BMG upper you could ask out of one of these.

then theres that "free replacement" thing that ive never had offered to me on a forged one.. or even a billet one.

there are things to not like about them: my main complaint on the polymer lowers is the trigger guard area... its too tight & too square.

seriously though bud.. im not exactly a noob in this hobby. im into actually BUILDING guns, not just buying parts & put them together.

look at some of my builds.. ive done 0%, 30%, 60% & dozens of 80% AR's... put out a free plate design several years ago so that people who dont have a mill could do these with a drill press.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I STILL DON"T LIKE PLASTIC GUNS, Period, gimmie real steel!!!!!!!!!

Been There..Done That... And you got the Mauser to prove it
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

that replacement policy is great--i am sure many will get to find out how good their service is. hopefully before they change hands --again.

no i am not convinced at all. matter of fact the more i look at these the less i like them.

tell ya what --send one of these to my FFL and then we'll see. i'll get that 240lb 20 year old teenager a couple field days shooting one of them around the farm and if he don't fuck it up --i'll agree.

and we need to get some side bets going --any takers?

if everyone is so sure these things are great --this should be no-problem---

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup real steel, is the real deal!!! And bellson, I have many more Mausers to go along with the one I got from you!!!! With maybe 2 more on the way soon, that will make #10+#11. I'm loving the one I got from you by the way, just wish the weather would turn nice again so I can finish getting it broken in. It went from 83 to <20-30 degrees with 30+mph winds for the last 8 days!!!!! And with no improvement in sight till next week, Sucks!!!! You were right about the 170 something gr projectiles, much better in that gun, the 150's hang up on the feed ramp, to short and they don't shoot as well. Still may convert it to 06 though, plenty of room in the mag and they feed much better, odviously I didn't chamber them, but they picked up nicer and I may go that route when all is said and done. Don't have an 06 Mauser yet, but maybe soon with that one, if I can find someone I trust to ream it. I haven't been able to shoot it sense putting the Millett scope on it yet. DOWWWWW!! I'm going to get a Zestava from Century in eaither 223 or 270, can't decide which yet, I'd like both to tell ya the truth, we'll see what happens bucks wise. Much rather have 2 of those compaired to a plastic Glock for the same price, just me. Keep it real, keep it steel!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

j427,

no more than these cost you can pay for your own. :-) i just got 2 more yesterday... so ive got over a dozen of these to compare to all my regular AR's & the ones we did from blocks..

just for you though here is a 1,000 round test in 5.56 of these:

The Glock of AR-15s - forum.Saiga-12.com

ya gotta remember not everything is for everybody. lots of people swear up and down that Glocks are no good. others dont like M1 carbines.. and many more wont touch an AK.... theres also a large crowd that are sure that blackrifles of any type are junk.

for me a gun is what you make of it.

if your coming in my house door that Saiga12 of mine is gonna do the job just fine.

but if your over at my neighbors house an AK is great.

if your at my other neighbors house? PKM is perfect.

theres a use and a place for everything, including plastic guns.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

when will i see a grunt doing a combat roll with one, or a bunch of boots doing butt-strokes and bayonet drills? now that would be interesting.

i would like to see a rifle company of boots outfitted with these plastic lowers. in seconds of handing the rifles out one is probably going to get broke---

they may be OK for some very light use. no fricking way these are as strong as a forging.

yep ONE may have made 1,000 rounds while being treated like a baby--where tens of thousands of the forgings made 50K+ rounds after being treated like a red-headed step child!

sure many are going to buy these simple for the "disposable" aspect and i am sure they have their reasons.

but i seriously doubt anybody is buying plastic lowers for durability.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

J,

seriously?

i get it. these wont be for you. still doesnt mean they arent OK. i dont like fat women..... doesnt mean they are bad.... just not for me.

but seriously? do you really think people dont shoot these? or shoot these a LOT?
    or that only 1 has had a test? ive shot thousands of rounds thru these things, but dont always write it down and make a big test out of it. we shoot because we like to shoot or blow shit up....

honestly cant tell you how many rounds of 5.45x39 have been thru my favorite AR on one of these lowers but its more than a couple of spam cans for sure.

but your right i dont use them to open doors with the buttstock & wouldnt with an Aluminum one either.

come on! ive broken AR's that were billet, let alone regular forged. when i need to open a door i use the KNOB or a sledgehammer.

just wait till you see the new PLASTIC springs that are coming out. :-)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    J,

seriously?

i get it. these wont be for you. still doesnt mean they arent OK. i dont like fat women..... doesnt mean they are bad.... just not for me.

but seriously? do you really think people dont shoot these? or shoot these a LOT?
    or that only 1 has had a test? ive shot thousands of rounds thru these things, but dont always write it down and make a big test out of it. we shoot because we like to shoot or blow shit up....

honestly cant tell you how many rounds of 5.45x39 have been thru my favorite AR on one of these lowers but its more than a couple of spam cans for sure.

but your right i dont use them to open doors with the buttstock & wouldnt with an Aluminum one either.

come on! ive broken AR's that were billet, let alone regular forged. when i need to open a door i use the KNOB or a sledgehammer.

just wait till you see the new PLASTIC springs that are coming out. :-)

why bother if it ain't as strong as the real thing? gee-wizz is saving $50 that big of a deal?

besides who knows how long these things will last? i have seen plastic oil cans bust from just setting in the sun for a few days--

maybe i should start making some plastic lowers, melt down some plastic bottles and melly-vannalli CD's!

what will i call this new high-tech creation?

maybe "P"hit-sandwich!!!--LOL one of those things you don't have to taste to know you don't want any!

and when did you break a billet? when did you break a forging? i want to know WHOs forgings and billets you managed to break?

i have been shooting these things for real since 1981 and i have only seen a boot break ONE and that was his fault--

so give me some names and dates or i am gonna call BS on that one---

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have built cast Tannery 80%'s and forged 0% DSA to audibike and TM 80% after 15 years I have never broken a casting or forged. oh with hand tools

heck I recall numerous post in the very early 2000's about not using the cast receivers because they were to fragile, mine are still going strong with no problems, I guess the same could be said for reinforced polymer. only time will tell

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.