Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Composite Lowers...

Feedback Score

Got mine yesterday, seems pretty decent.

I have to cobble together an upper for it, gonna be my Hog/Zombie killer. 20" 1:7, A3 upper.

JSE was FAST about shipping me the stuff I needed for this. Gotta bum some hand guards from a buddy.
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
    Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Marine View Post
    Got mine yesterday, seems pretty decent.

I have to cobble together an upper for it, gonna be my Hog/Zombie killer. 20" 1:7, A3 upper.

JSE was FAST about shipping me the stuff I needed for this. Gotta bum some hand guards from a buddy.

JSE is really good. i have bought tons of stuff from them in the past few years. they are nearly as cheap as that chepo jip-joint that sells may-pop stuff. but JSE is all first class hardware, no seconds or rejects. i just wish they carried 1911 stuff!

good luck with the plastic stuff!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

im gonna call BS on this entire line of crap.... towards a product that you have already admitted:

YOU DONT OWN
    YOU HAVENT TRIED
    YOU HAVENT TESTED

you have no clue & no experience with them, yet are just spouting off stuff about another mans business and lively hood.....

how many of these have you shot?
    how many of these have you broke?
    how many of these have you tested?
    how many of these do YOU own?
    how many of these have you fit on various uppers?
    how many of these have you actually ever even held in your hand?

got anything of YOUR OWN that you can actually contribute about these?

what? you dont like them? even with out trying them? ok so be it. dont like them.

is that any reason to hate on another GOOD member of our community who is providing a product and has done NOTHING to you?

the entire development of this product was to give back to the community at a discount price and a very very small profit.

your publicly bashing a product (& business) you've never even held in your hand or tried.

you think this is about saving $50? we waste that on breakfast at Bob Evans.

ITS ABOUT HAVING OPTIONS.

its about knowing that you dont HAVE to pay $250 for a lower if you dont want to.

ITS ANOTHER CONTROL on "big" manufactures.. they cant go too high now or they wont sell.. its a price blocker against them.

its about manufactures that THINK they have you over the barrel for a pounding figuring out that they dont.

its about being able to choose something different if you want to.

Why bother? you said... well hell why bother with a AR at all? use a real gun! Use a Garand! Use a 50BMG!

oh wait ive actually USED a 50BMG on one of these!

now as to your question: how did i break a forging? the EXACT same way the guy ACTUALLY broke the Plumcrazy. i broke it putting a buffer tube in it. simple as that. oh by the way 12-14-10. im not gonna go your route and bash on a manufacturer.

the billet? broke it by beating it to death in a TOK AR conversion build. still broke the back off of it. 3-3-11 for the build contest.... same thing here: not gonna bash the maker as i wasnt using it for what they sold it for.

dont believe it? matters not to me. my reputation in this hobby is pretty well known & easily vouched for.

it can happen to anything we build. its part of the hobby.

your missing the entire point of what im saying.

if you dont like it, dont buy it. if you have REAL experience with it? post it up and share it, we can all learn and get safer from it or avoid the problem.

but its not good for any of us or the community for you to set and blast away at a product, a member of our community & a fellow gunbuilder (he's even a member here) when you have ZERO actual experience with his product & couldnt have an issue with it.

your not the first to do this, you wont be the last either. we as a hobby have always been our own worst enemy.

if you think this makes you look "hard" or "good"? then bash away... maybe someday you'll come up with a product or item and some fellow gunbuilders will give you the same treatment without ever trying your investment/creation.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    im gonna call BS on this entire line of crap.... towards a product that you have already admitted:

YOU DONT OWN
    YOU HAVENT TRIED
    YOU HAVENT TESTED

you have no clue & no experience with them, yet are just spouting off stuff about another mans business and lively hood.....

what? you dont like them? even with out trying them? ok so be it. dont like them.

is that any reason to hate on another GOOD member of our community who is providing a product and has done NOTHING to you?

the entire development of this product was to give back to the community at a discount price and a very very small profit.

your publicly bashing a product (& business) you've never even held in your hand or tried.

its about knowing that you dont HAVE to pay $250 for a lower if you dont want to.

ITS ANOTHER CONTROL on "big" manufactures.. they cant go too high now or they wont sell.. its a price blocker against them.

its about manufactures that THINK they have you over the barrel for a pounding figuring out that they dont.

Why bother? you said... well hell why bother with a AR at all? use a real gun! Use a Garand! Use a 50BMG!

now as to your question: how did i break a forging? the EXACT same way the guy ACTUALLY broke the Plumcrazy. i broke it putting a buffer tube in it. simple as that. oh by the way 12-14-10. im not gonna go your route and bash on a manufacturer.

the billet? broke it by beating it to death in a TOK AR conversion build. still broke the back off of it. 3-3-11 for the build contest.... same thing here: not gonna bash the maker as i wasnt using it for what they sold it for.

dont believe it? matters not to me. my reputation in this hobby is pretty well known & easily vouched for.

if you dont like it, dont buy it. if you have REAL experience with it? post it up and share it, we can all learn and get safer from it or avoid the problem.

but its not good for any of us or the community for you to set and blast away at a product, a member of our community & a fellow gunbuilder (he's even a member here) when you have ZERO actual experience with his product & couldnt have an issue with it.

your not the first to do this, you wont be the last either. we as a hobby have always been our own worst enemy.

if you think this makes you look "hard" or "good"? then bash away... maybe someday you'll come up with a product or item and some fellow gunbuilders will give you the same treatment without ever trying your investment/creation.
    Wow I'd like to make that rant my sig line but it's too big

That's what she said!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

YOU DONT OWN
    YOU HAVENT TRIED
    YOU HAVENT TESTED

well i offered to test one--you declined--

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    well i offered to test one--you declined--
    bullshit.

i offered you unlimited shooting of one, all you had to do was bring your ammo.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

bullshit.

i offered you unlimited shooting of one, all you had to do was bring your ammo.
    Good Evening Gentlemen!

Lets all take a long deep breath and relax now...

J427, your opinions are valuable and worthy.

Dutigaf, your experience is valuable and worthy.

MY experience is valuable and worthy.

All of our experience comes from different points on the compass, and should be shared, discussed, and respected.

I ask that everyone just take a moment, and shake hands, and agree to disagree.

I know that I do not always do a good job of translating my feelings into words here at Gunco. I am sure that each of you might say the same thing.

But, I just want to remind all of you: I actually said that a Vulcan Product was worth buying and owning. I said that not based on a price, but based on over 11,000 rounds downrange without an issue. I also told it like it is in terms of what my experience with that product was. The relationship to the thread was only that the Product that Florida Marine originally posted was made of "Polymer" similar to the product that I own from Vulcan.

I am impressed with the product I own, and am willing to buy more. I am intrigued by the Product that started this thread, to the point that I am going to buy one or even two. The price is just icing on the cake.

Here is the difference: I have been tinkering, carrying, shooting, and maintaining AR / M-16 series rifles since 1977. I know what does and does not work. I have made every conceivable mistake that can be made.

My opinion, and it is just that; is that "Plastic, Polymer, Carbon Fiber" lowers are just fine. So long as they are built with good quality and properly matching parts, they will give good service.

Last word: I have been bayonet trained. I was a real Ranger once upon a long time ago. I built my Vulcan Carbon Fiber lower into a rifle, and did bayonet drills with it. I did not hold back. The Vulcan lower did not fail, much to my surprise. And yes, I did over a hundred buttstrokes with it. Right hand, left hand, and full axial. No issue or failure. That was before I fired even one round. I have over 11,000 downrange now. Accuracy is just as good or better than any gucci brand.

Just my $0.02
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.