Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Composite Lowers...

Feedback Score

Default Composite Lowers...

Just ordered one of these yesterdays... Got a bud who used to be a Range Officer in the Marine Corps who owns 15 of them (he turned me on to them).

Anyone try one? $99 with a lower parts kit and stock is deal.

New Frontier Armory Model LW-15 Lightweight Polymer AR-15 Lower
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
    Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I like them.

I own one of these. They were made by the same group that made Bushmaster's Carbon lowers. Perfectly in spec, and the only issue I had was that I did have to slightly relieve the trigger slot to solve a binding issue.

Now, hold your nose. Don't barf. Don't overreact!

Made by Vulcan.

http://www.vulcanarmament.com/cgistore/store.cgi?page=/new/product.html&setup=1&ida=18&idp=1&his=0|1&cart_id= 6151123.6816

$50.00 each. Sadly, a month ago they were $30.00 each. I should have bought them then.....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Just read your full post. That is a smokin' deal!

I want!!!!
    Imagine whirled peas

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I think I'd slide on them, I don't like plastic guns, period. I've tried out Glocks, Springfields and ect, ect with plastic recievers and I just can't seem to get a feel for them. I've tried to like them but every one I've ever tried just don't fit or shoot right for me, thats handguns, but I don't like plastic anything and don't think i'd like one from my past experances. I'm sure they have some really strong points but just do not fit my tastes in firearms. You won't be seeing any engraved plastic guns in my collection any time soon!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yes i have one of these by Frontier and i have 6 by PLUMCRAZY who is actually making these for Frontier...

ive NEVER heard anything about him having a tie in to bulcan or hesse.

these are super good quality and we shoot them on every thing from 22lr all the way up to 50bmg bolt actions.

lifetime guarantee on top of that.

they are an awesome deal for the money
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    yes i have one of these by Frontier and i have 6 by PLUMCRAZY who is actually making these for Frontier...

ive NEVER heard anything about him having a tie in to bulcan or hesse.

these are super good quality and we shoot them on every thing from 22lr all the way up to 50bmg bolt actions.

lifetime guarantee on top of that.

they are an awesome deal for the money

I don't know about any "tie-in"...I do know that the same manufacturer made the Vulcan Carbon lowers also made them for Bushmaster.

There are lots of reasons to hate or dislike Vulcan, but this is not one of them. Still, that is a smokin deal for a completed lower.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Bellson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

interesting sure bet they are light , but I will pass I make my own aluminum whether 0% or 80%, send me a couple 80% plastic lowers then I might consider making one

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

I watched some of the torture test videos and it seems impressive. This lower would be good if you wanted to go for a super light weight build like the katana on suns of guns BUT you can find the occasional aluminum lower in the $55-$65 range so id probably rather spend a few extra bucks and go aluminum.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I had a lot of concerns, which is why I only bought one of the Vulcan units. The price was so low that I figured why not try it.

Yes, these carbon units are very light weight. The color goes all the way through, so scratches do not show up at all. They are VERY stiff and sturdy. I was concerned about the pivot pin holes egging out, but that has not turned out to be an issue at all. I was also concerned about the buffer tube threads on the lower wearing out, and again, no issues. I have built and rebuilt this lower 6-8 times for various reasons, and it has proven to be a champ.

Don't get me wrong, I still have and love my aluminum lowers. But $99 for a complete lower is compelling to say the least. My cost breakdown is:

6 Position buttsock w/ spring and buffer: $55
    Complete lower parts kit: $60

That alone is $115.

Add in a "cheap" Vulcan Carbon lower: $50

Now it's at $165

Plus shipping: $15

Plus CA. State Tax: $16 (No choice, the FFL has to collect it).

Plus CA. State DROS $25 (Dealer Record of Sale).

Plus the FFL handling fee: $30

Now we are at $252 to put it together ourselves.

Vs. the one originally posted: $99+15+8+25+30 (lower, shipping, tax, DROS, FFL).

$177 total, in my hands.....

Not terrible. If I were to order two or more at once, the per unit cost would reduce by $20.

So, I like it. BTW. Add $50+ to the original $252 if going aluminum.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Bellson

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat1 View Post
    interesting sure bet they are light , but I will pass I make my own aluminum whether 0% or 80%, send me a couple 80% plastic lowers then I might consider making one

sprat
    I got a mill and a tactical machining jig...so I can turn out my own also, BUT this is a freaking deal for $99 and despite having to eat one more FFL registered weapon, its worth a roll for a hundred bucks.

I combined my order with 5 other gents at work so was even cheaper and my FFL dude is doing the transfers for $12.00.

score...
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
    Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.