Gunco Forums banner

Sons build done,shorty time!

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  mtdew 
#1 ·
My son,23, wanted an AR15,so we did one. No parts kits were avalible exept maybe really expensive ones, so we pieced it together. DSA upper,lower,DPMS 16" heavy bbl,mostly DPMS small parts, centerfire systems m-4 stock. Spent about 60 bucks more than we wanted to but we had to order from 4 different places to get everything,so 4 times the shipping. He took it home before I could get a pic,but let me tell u he was happier than a puppy with 2 peckers! Test fire went great.I'll get pics soon.Now I can get to building that shorty that I have been posessed to build by 4th!

#2 · (Edited)
mtdew.. Good man.. Lot of fun at the range they are. Just keep your tax stamp with you, if your doing a rifle build.
Half the people say "What is that?"
Others "Is that legal?"
Like I have said before. They are great for down here in Florida, where long range shooting is 100 yards.
Once you set up your lower, j4 turned me on too some great upper prices.
Set up properly, they can reach out there and touch things at a good distance.
I will check more links on range reports and prices.
I have 4 and so far zero problems with them going bang.
Model 1 Sales: 5.56/.223 Pistol-7 1/2 Upper

#3 ·
[video=youtube;JK2qxVXj4UU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK2qxVXj4UU]Shooting an AR15 w/ 7inch Barrel (SBR) at 530 yards!! - YouTube[/video]

#5 ·
No problema j4...
While me and mtdew are packing our nice light shorties, that can reach out and touch something at 530 yards with "open" sights.
Haaa Haaaahah.
"Will you guys help me. This giant AR is heavy. You guys have any water?"
"NO." suffer. :)
We dont need all that Mall Ninga stuff.
Travel light, travel rite. :)

#8 · (Edited)
Welcome to the short world Bro...

O.K.. Short is in.. Ferget these 1,000 yard snipers.. :rofl:
Forget the back-burner, melt your credit card..
Now 7" barrel on this. Cheap Burris battery scope, but I like it..
At 50 yards standing, aprox. a 6 inch group.. I am old tired and can not see to good. But in the right youngguns hands. Would bet a 2" group at 100 yards..
For Gods sake mtdew.. Do like I do. Meet the UPS guy at the end of your road, the wife will never know you bought it..
"Oh honey no. Why that old thing, hell that has been in the gun room for a year now. I love you. What do you want for Christmas."

#14 ·
Sprat, he's went all mall ninja on me. He replaced the lower with some zombie-engraved thing, traded his perfectly good lower for it plus some cash to boot. O well, whatever makes him happy.

#16 ·
U got that right! I never knew they were so easy. Go with mil-spec and they all most build themselves. I'm getting geared up to do another, got a line on some complete lowers that are due in 2nd week of January, plus p-mags and assessorys, from a local gunshop. Got one on hold as soon as they come in. Any you guys in and around central AR need lowers, mags? PM me and I'll tell you where to get them, IF everything goes alright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.