Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BUFFER TUBE THREADED RING OR BLOCK

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

MAN THAT WOULD BE GREAT iD LOVE TO UP DATE MY KIDS BUILD AS WELL SO A COUPLE WOULD REALLY BE NICE. I JUST USED A LOCK NUT WELDED TO A PISTOL TRUNION AN IVE BEEN AFRAID THE THREADS MIGHT PULL OUT IF IT GOT DROPPED OR ABUSED.

I WOULD NOT BE SUPRISED IF THERE IS A MARKET FOR THESE FOR GUYS WHO WANT TO DO THERE OWN AR STOCK MOUNTS ON VARIUOS WEAPONS.

THANKS AGAIN.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I finished up the 2nd one last night and got them mailed out today. I didn't deburr them so the ends are sharp, but I figure they'll be easy enough to touch up in a 3-jaw chuck. Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Moleman, you ought to start selling them. Hell, I could use a couple. You want to do some more?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Let me see if I have any more 1 3/8" scrap laying around, otherwise there'd have to be enough interest before I ordered some more d.o.m. tubing .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I agree I was thinking of making them when I could not find any on the net. the fact that there steel makes it easy to attach them to various set ups an differant guns.

Im already invisiong tapering the rear to fit onto a pistol type trunion nice an smooth or posssably adding a plate with a dove tail on it to slide up an down in a dovetail recess to give an adjustiable comb an stock height.

Im damm sure going to put them to good use an make something trick out of them.

dont sweet he burrs or any of that I really apreciate you doing this for me. the kids dad who im helping build a gun for cant believe how many people just offered to send stuff or make stuff to help a kid they never met. im going to use the second one to clean up the kind of cobbled set up I made two years ago with a lock nut welded to a pistol trunion in a hurry.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IM HOPING FOR SOME THING A LITTLE CLEANER AN NICER THAN THIS THAT I COBBLED TOGETER A DAY BEFORE THE DEER SEASON A FEW YEARS AGO.

SOME DAY I NEED TO MAKE THIS LOOK AS GOOD AS IT SHOOTS. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

From measuring my AR collapsable stock threads and from my steel supply book it appears that a piece of 1 inch schedule 40 pipe will provide sufficient meat to make those adapters.

The 1 inch schedule 40 pipe has an OD of 1.315 inch, a wall thickness of 0.133 inch, and a nominal ID of 1.049 inches. That stuff has to be lots less spendy than the seamless DOM 4130 moly thick wall tubing as well as available locally in short sections. Pipe is simple plain steel and it welds well.

Take your calipers with you to the plumbing shop to be sure you don't get commie metric substitute pipe from asia, a lot of that off-spec crap around today.

VD

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That would be alot cheaper, Thanks!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

THE THREADED STUBS ARRIVED TODAY AN THEY ARE EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED. NICE WORK. THANKS AGAIN

I SHOWED THEM TO THE DAD OF THE KID WHO THIS IS FOR AN HE WAS AMAZIED THE GUYS CAN JUST BUILD THIS STUFF IN THERE GARAGE OR SHOP.

NOW i NEED TO FIGURE THE BEST WAY TO POSITION THEM ON TO A PISTOL TYPE TRUNION AN POSSABLY MAKE IT REMOVABLE AN ADJUSTABLE IN HEIGHT. IM THINKING SOME THING BETTER THAN SLOTTED HOLES AN BOLTS. MAYBE A FEMALE DOVE TAIL SLOT ON THE TRUNION AN A MALE PART ON MY NEW THREAED RING TO SLIDE UP AN DOWN . STILL THINKING ON THIS ONE. IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET ABOUT 1/2" OR MORE OF ADJUSTMENT. NOT NESSACRY TO DO THIS i CAN ADD A ADJUSTABLE COMB TOT HE STOCK OR GET ONE WITH. BUT WAS THINKING OF COOL DIFFERANT OPTIONS. MAYBE SLOT THE TRUNION AN BOLT IT FROM INSIDE THE RECIVER .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Glad you got them and hope they work for what you're doing. I like the dovetail idea as it should lock up rock solid.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.