Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: stamped steel ar-15 lowers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I will soon have an aluminum bolt together AR lower that the main function would be being able to unbolt the 5.56 magwell and bolt a .308 one on (DPMS 308 upper type) and have the same "lower" for both guns to shoot.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well, I found the file. It's pretty big, so if someone wants me to email it to them, PM me with your address.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Well, I found the file. It's pretty big, so if someone wants me to email it to them, PM me with your address.
    I'd like to try a stamped AR lower. Sent you a PM. I have been working on an AR-18 design in 308. The tough part has been figuring out how to use an AR-10 bolt in a rectangular bolt carrier. The cam pin hole is not at a great angle for that. I may have to recess the cam slot in the bolt carrier somehow.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pryotex View Post
    I will soon have an aluminum bolt together AR lower that the main function would be being able to unbolt the 5.56 magwell and bolt a .308 one on (DPMS 308 upper type) and have the same "lower" for both guns to shoot.
    Thats neat! I'd like to build a 308 ar. Does the extra length of the upper cause any problems with matching up the rear take down pin location with the buffer tower and rear of the firing pin/hammer locations....if that makes any sense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

sent you a pm days ago also.i would like that file please.thanks.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamndmnt View Post
    sent you a pm days ago also.i would like that file please.thanks.

Sent it yesterday.

Sorry for the delay with everyone, but I was away from my computer for most of the last three weeks.

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Sent it yesterday.

Sorry for the delay with everyone, but I was away from my computer for most of the last three weeks.
    Got it. It looks interesting. Thank you very much!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    Got it. It looks interesting. Thank you very much!
    You're very welcome. If I ever get a spare freaking minute, I would really like to do one of these. The biggest part of it seems to be the tooling. If we could maybe make a couple sets of dies, we could pass them around kind of like the AK bending jigs back in the day.

Or it would be great to make a run of all the separate components, and sell as a "parts kit". You get all the pieces, but you have to assemble and weld.

Feedback Score

Could I also request a copy of the file? New user so forum rules apply...No PMs and all...

willjames007(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks,

Will

Feedback Score

Same here for me. Semi-new user and can't email/post PM yet etc., etc....

mwwright66(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks in advance,

Mike (aka guzzimike66)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Search tags for this page

flat-outs ar15 stamped steel lower receiver

sheet metal ar 15 lower

sheetmetal ar15

stamped ar 15 lower

stamped ar lower

stamped ar magwell

steel ar 15 lower

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.