Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: stamped steel ar-15 lowers?

Feedback Score

Default Re 3d printerrs

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Yep; I remember seeing them made from layers like a sandwich, or padlock like

Let's just do a group buy on one of them there 3-D printers.. Heh....Heh

Oh.........The HUMANITY!!!!! Oh My!!
    I checked have ben checking these out online and the prices are wideranged from 599 and up too, several grand ialso had ead somewhere that some machines can do boith plastic and some sort of metal parts as well. I'd love to see this work. now just a for a second. ATF regulations state that you can make your own single shot pistol, rifle , or even semi autos , however this dose not allow you to manufacture and sell firearms.as a bussiness. now you caould make your own receiverds , if this wored well enough, I'd start with low cal and work my way up. now as far a as pistol frame, look many that are now being manufactured is polymer, I think it would be a good try
    and its alot cheaier than a CNC machine, of course Ive havnt tried looking for used ones worth a shot the for the home hobbiest, maybe even for the guy just starting out too....Doc

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i kind of like the idea of a stamped steel ar-15 ish lower that will accept an standard ar-15 upper assembly.

the neat thing is you could have a bolt on mag well --that could accept mags other than standard size ar-15 mags--

this would open up the platform to longer ammo which has been an AR-15 shortcoming for decades--

a longer 6.5 grendel or 6.8SPC 2 could solve a lot of ballistic problems--LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Homemaking an AR15 and Hi cap mags. Ideas welcome.

you know a sheetmetal ar upper and lower could well be doable even some of the ninjas are looking at the project.

i would like to do one with a sheet metal upper as well. it could be made from steel tubing i am thinking.

there is nothing really critical in the AR-15 aside from the bolt carrier group and the barrel assembly. the rest could be built on the fly.

the DOD adopted the m15 for this very reason. they wanted to out source the parts to hundreds of small facilities just in case of WW3, there would be a few surviving small shops turning out parts for the m16.

sort of the ?dispersal under fire" concept.

this being built into the design leaves many things open for substitution.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Has anyone been working on this since we all talked about it?? I know I had sent the file (limited though it may be) to a bunch of folks. I have some materials, but I just haven't had the time to work on it. I would love to get one or more bending jigs made, like what is shown in the file, and then send them around to everyone kind of like AK jigs in the old days. Or preferably find a shop willing to make a "builders kit" with all of the main parts, pre-bent, as well as the block for the rear of the magwell, the buffer tube ring section (already threaded) and all the little tabs already cut and drilled, where all that the builder needed to do would be to hand fit the parts and weld. I wonder how expensive that would be if we could find someone to make say 20 "kits"?? (I may have already said all this earlier in the thread, as it sounds familiar as I'm typing, so sorry if i am repeating myself.)
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Also, I like 427's idead of a "bolt on" magwell, depending on the caliber. That would definitely make things more interesting.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Also, I like 427's idead of a "bolt on" magwell, depending on the caliber. That would definitely make things more interesting.

for the record not my idea--

seems like MGI had one years ago and i may have seen that "top secret" ass-pukastan special 5.56/5.45 convertable lower that takes ak74 mags OR m16 mags with various blocks.

today there are mags for the soviet ammo soo--

what i want to do is an ar--but with a longer mag-well so you can get a longer length round in there.

a longer 6.5g opens up some "interesting" possibilities reloading wise--LOL--

Feedback Score

Default AR-180's

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    ya talking ar-180s?

back a few years ago you could get a cut up ar-180 rifle as a kit. i wish i had bought some just for giggles.

numrich might have a few parts --though i doubt they got any uppers for the 180/18.

i am seriously considering doing a sheet metal ar-15 lower if for no other reason just the 1-off it would be.

and with the ar-15 stripped lowers with $800 asking prices??--LOL!

there has got to be a better way!

There is always a better way to build a miuse trap or in this case a firearms receiver. if they could be made to a 80% complete, and other machienest made othe parts I wiould thing that the price may be able to be reduced. Just a thought, this way people on here that are interested can purchase a part form each other, the receiver is the only part that currenty requires a FFL License, but if it the receiver is only 80 % done to where ATF considers it a paperweight, and all other parts are semi auto there is no propblem selling them with the exception of overseas and to the states that have violated the second amendment, NY CALI ETC. what do you think and it also a great way to make some moolaw for other projests...Doc

JWD
    Feedback Score

Could I also request a copy of the sheet metal AR file? New user so forum rules apply...No PMs and all...

jwd083054(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks,
    JWD

Feedback Score

Making a longer magwell to accept longer rounds does nothing for an AR unless the upper and BCG are also longer by the same amount. You would have a gap at rear of upper and also hammer would not contact firing pin.

While not exactly all "sheet metal", I've scratch built from sheet metal, plate, and tubing with no machine work an AR lower and upper.

Need to figure out how to post pictures from phone.

Feedback Score

Wanted to share this with everyone found it on MDS http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread...ght=made+lower

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Search tags for this page

flat-outs ar15 stamped steel lower receiver

sheet metal ar 15 lower

sheetmetal ar15

stamped ar 15 lower

stamped ar lower

stamped ar magwell

steel ar 15 lower

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.