Gunco Forums banner

AR 0% forgings

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  dcholl 
#1 ·
A well respected member of the CNC Gunsmithing community is putting together a deal on AR 0% raw forgings. You can view the particulars over at the CNC Gunsmithing Forum.

#3 ·
Sprat,

You're a real trooper. I wouldn't think of doing one without my Bridgeport - IYIYI.

This may be one of the last chances to obtain raw forgings if these ***holes in the government have their way.

#6 ·
ashhoe,

You are certainly welcome......

Why not do these 50% and let the mag wells be done?

For that matter, what happened to 80%?

10% is more or less what I can find out in the machine shop already for FREE!!!!

And, for $200?!?!?!
These are coming directly from the forging company and the price is reflected in the amount of machine work to be done. I posted these here for those that have the capabilities to perform the necessary operations on a 0% forging. Sorry if I misled anyone to believe these were to be finished on a drill press. BTW, there are a couple of members at CNC Gunsmithing that EDM the magwells, but the deck needs to be surfaced before that operation can be done. Yes, 10 forgings for $200.00 shipped "FREE" to your door - I challenge you to find a better deal than that. RGuns sells the forgings for the same price, but you must pay shipping - probably not a bad deal, if you only need one......

#7 ·
you can't find a better deal, the last place that had 0% forgings was DSA and they sold them for $25 plus shipping

also Johnny these can be done with a drill press I know I did them and if one can't do one on a drill press, that is a indicator of their skill level and lack of determination

but heck by the time you order and receive the new ban may be in affect anyway?

#8 ·
Agreed on the point of determination, but just wanted to make things clear for those that don't really understand what they're getting into.

True, a ban may be in affect by that time, but get what you can, while the gettin's good. If and when this deal goes through, these are still only a chunk of aluminum and so far are NOT regulated (fingers crossed).....

#10 ·
MUSIBIKE,

As previously stated "I posted these here for those that have the capabilities to perform the necessary operations on a 0% forging. Sorry if I misled anyone to believe these were to be finished on a drill press."

To you, these are mere "ALUMINUM" blocks, worth their weight in scrap, but to me and those of us that "can" these are diamonds in the rough. If buying 80% receivers is "your thing", more power to you, but for those of us that can do a 0% raw forging, this is "our thing".....

#15 · (Edited)
I deleated my last post due to Idid not see it correctly my center vision is gone in my right eye, due to a detached retna, that happened on the job and comp wont pay for Yes hard govt at work.
To CNC I apolidge for the misunderstanding on my part. But 10 for 200 is great! Id buy them myself if I had not just purchased from else where, again my sincerest apoldigies...Doc

#16 · (Edited)
I think you TOTALLY misunderstood the wording. He is selling 10 (TEN) forgings for $200.00. That's right TEN for $200.00 delivered to your door. I have known this gentleman for a couple years and have dealt with him on several occasions and every deal is on the up-n-up. So before you blow any more steam, go read the post again.

BTW, I have not seen any underhanded or inappropriate deals on that site - EVER!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.