Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: poly 80 vs JM 80% compare build test

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sean, was wondering if after you get these together you could keep a running rounds fired count, and report any problems that might arise in the future. I will do same with my EP lower. The talk at the gunshops around here is plastic lowers are good for about 650 rnds before they fail. Any one else put several hundred thru a plastic lower AR? Would like to know your experiances. Thanks!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

sure... i track how much i shoot everything on a spread sheet....

ive got several of these lowers with thousands of rounds across them already...

my 5.45x39AR is close to 5,000 & most of those have been done with a slidefire attached to it..... never a problem(its a plumcrazy early model)

7.62x39 has about 2,000 thru it.. no problem there either. (its an OMNI)

rest of mine have less thru them but still no issues & ive even got plastic FCG's in a couple.

didnt get to finish the other one yet... wifes birthday weekend.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Good to know, Sean. I didn't have the facts to be able to dispute those failure claims, altho I figured it was one of those "My brother knows a guy who knows a guy whos cousin's boss...
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    sure... i track how much i shoot everything on a spread sheet....

ive got several of these lowers with thousands of rounds across them already...

my 5.45x39AR is close to 5,000 & most of those have been done with a slidefire attached to it..... never a problem(its a plumcrazy early model)

7.62x39 has about 2,000 thru it.. no problem there either. (its an OMNI)

rest of mine have less thru them but still no issues & ive even got plastic FCG's in a couple.

didnt get to finish the other one yet... wifes birthday weekend.
    Same here. Spent the weekend making the wife happy for her birthday. Unfortunately she's got a stomach virus, which prevented the trip to Outback. Damnit!! LOL. Hope your wife had a good bday.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

don't think I have put 1,000's round in one of my alum 80%'s except my first 0% build only because of the time frame

I don't plan on doing it with my polmers, these are going to be disposable, with low end upper so if stolen or seized they can have the polymer lowers
    I would love to see how many rounds these lower could take
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thanks and hope your wife feels better 2nd!

Dew & SPrat: you guys know me... i build & test because i love doing it... some guys smoke, some guys hang out at bars... i build & shoot. :-)

with that said.... this poly80 & JM80 will be my last 80% deals. i just dont like AR's as well as my other guns & got way too much of everything. so in the interest of streamlining and getting things more "carry ready" im thinning the heard A LOT.

but i did just pick up 2 new AR combo poly/metal lowers & will be testing those verses both of these other 2. LMAO its hopeless.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You know you cant stop. I only wanted 1 AR & 1 AK! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yes I am done with ar's got too many to enjoy, done with aks for that matter, got one I am still playing with seems like its taking for ever

fully understand

oh I quit smoking 25 years ago, stopped drinking 3 years ago, stopped chasing woman after I got married 2 years ago, whats left!!!
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    yes I am done with ar's got too many to enjoy, done with aks for that matter, got one I am still playing with seems like its taking for ever

fully understand

oh I quit smoking 25 years ago, stopped drinking 3 years ago, stopped chasing woman after I got married 2 years ago, whats left!!!
    Bacon!!!! That's the next "good" thing that you're "supposed" to quit. I'm sorry, there's just some things I'm unwilling to give up!! LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I put 20 rounds thru the EP lowers build. Runs great.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.