Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 357AR pistol build

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

would case setback be an issue from the tapered case?
    PROBABLY. or guys would be doing more bottle neck revolvers Id think .

there is always the 444??? that we have been talking about for years on 30-06 brass . On of these days I need to take you up on the reamer or send you the barrel an let you build it for your self .

I was about to make it into a muzzle loader barrel the other day but there is just not any good bullets for that.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Send me the dummy rounds that we talked about so I can make you the reamer. You'd think with the larger ID of the 06 case that they should fireform easier. BTY I started turning the Howa barrel today for the M70 until they found me out in the barn and had to come back in to visit. still unsure if it will end up being threaded in or just pressed in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    yeah the only reason i didnt jump in and try to do this was because he is doing it in 357 max....

if it had been doing in 357mag? oh hell yeah id have been all over this.

its still a really cool build for the reloading crowd to do!

There have been a few builds on the boards that used the rimmed 357 and desert eagle mags. Do you reload at all?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Send me the dummy rounds that we talked about so I can make you the reamer. You'd think with the larger ID of the 06 case that they should fireform easier. BTY I started turning the Howa barrel today for the M70 until they found me out in the barn and had to come back in to visit. still unsure if it will end up being threaded in or just pressed in.
    I need to get going on a few things . I should pick up were I left off order some leverlution bullets to finalize the case length an make this happen.

I say thread that stub so you can do a couple differant barrels for it . get a 223 or 5.45 bolt an then you could have a 357AR an a 7.62x39 on the same recvier .

If you want a 6mm brx also Ill send you a chambered barrel.

I havent been out in the shop much to cold an to expensive to heat it right now .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Do you reload at all?
    dont have time or patience for that.... all of mine is used up dealing with things that turn up on the website. LMAO

i bought it cheap & stacked DEEP.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Gotcha SDK, I bet at times that alone can feel like a full time job. If you did reload, ar15barrels.com sells or sold ready to load 357auto cases (or whatever the 357mag length rimless cartridge is called) for a good price that will work in a standard unmodified USGI mag. Otherwise there are a couple 357mag builds out there that use the desert eagle mag enclosed in a ar15 mag shell. The hardest part of the build would be threading/profiling the barrel and getting the barrel extension screwed on.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thats great info & thnak you for sharing it. i might give the regular 357mag a good look for a spring project. :-)

but your project is still awesome and im looking forward to more on this.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

how about you jsut get some one to load you up bunch of 357 AR rounds an then send them the brass bask when your done .

If I didn't reload Id have to stop shooting most of my stuff.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I was jsut thinking how it would make a nice bolt action round on a mini mauser or savage action .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

If I didn't reload Id have to stop shooting most of my stuff.
    That's where I'm at also. For years I got 1# powder and 1K primers for $15-$20 each depending on what it was (cheaper in bulk). Throw in a bottle of alox and free lead and I was shooting 9mm, 44mag plinkers, and 45acp for not much more than 22lr. It gets a lot more expensive with store bought bullets, but there is still quite a bit of savings to be had.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.