Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 357AR pistol build

Feedback Score

Cool build Moleman. Been inching along on a hybrid 50AE/357 (440 Corbon) barrel for my Desert Eagle. Have made my sizing & fire forming dies. Picked up a couple of HS Precision accuracy barrels for cheap. Looked at just reaming factory 357 barrel but not enough meat at the factory gas hole location. Machining a DE barrel is just a PIA. Bought some long .116 diameter gundrills to work from the front end and will EDM the gasport. In the end it will be a 3 peice barrel sans pins and screws. Friggin need for speed is contagious.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That sounds like an awesome build Willie! Speed and performance is contagious, I've already been thinking about another version with more case capacity. Is there a build thread on your build yet? Just curious on how you're doing the lug recesses or is made similar to an ar15 where it screws on? It's been 20+ years since I've shot a DE.

Feedback Score

I am bad about not posting stuff. The old DE barrels were a two piece screwed (?) and pinned. The new barrels are one piece. Mine will be three.... locking lug like an AR extension, barrel and gas block. Instead of drilling the gas tube from the chamber end and plugging mine will be gundrilled from the front stopping right before the bell mouth chamber. We have a few EDMs at work and should be able to do the gas port intersection just after the case mouth. Have repo rubber casted this detail on 357, 44, 440 & 50AE. Have a 357 barrel new style that a friend gave me that he found cuz it is "Ringed" and some moron totally ding the crap out on the muzzle my guess hammering out two stuck slugs. I have no 357 bolt and will sleeve it 44mag Mark XIX style. My pistol is a 44 Mark VII. Picked up a complete 50 top end w/ slide (ebay) for the XIX conversion. Buying factory new was not an option friggin expensive. Now that the garage shop is up time is the hurtle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.