Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 357AR pistol build

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default 357AR pistol build

After I built my last 357AR rifle upper last year I had about 9" of .358" 1:14 twist barrel left over. So a pistol build it was. In MI we have to register pistols so after that was done I finished up a TM 80% lower. That's about as far as I got last year before getting sidetracked by three more back surgeries. I wanted to hunt with it this year so I finished it up (minus a handguard) and took it out. Of course I saw no deer to test it on.... There's always next year. Here's some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The carrier was one of the $18 demilled ones off of gunbroker a while back. The top two carriers are the demilled ones, and the one in the middle is the one I made into the short carrier. I also used two recoil springs that could collapse over one another to take up less space. The mag in the picture above is a Bulgarian 10 round mag that was converted to use the straight walled cases and then blocked to reduce capacity to meet the hunting regs. The performance is on par with a 35remington with the same barrel length.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i do really like this build bub.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks, I wish the deer would of cooperated this year. I've shot deer with the 44 and no ear muffs a couple times while deer hunting, but the 357AR pistol seems to have much more concussion coming off of it. So, I hope it never comes up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I like that a lot too! Where are you at in Michigan? I have some projects to drop off.
    member # 575

Feedback Score

Very nice!
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Now thats a nice AR pistol !!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

I had to look at it again. This is one of the neatest AR pistol builds I've ever seen.
    I designed one in 45 acp and had Rudy make it for me a few years ago, but sold it later.
    AR45 pistol
    HART SYSTEMS
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score

double post
    HART SYSTEMS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Rudy has made quite a few good looking pistol caliber DI guns over the years. I've bounced ideas off of him for the past few years on ar builds. The ak variant in your avatar is smoking too.

I had a new 2-7 scope on this pistol until I noticed the recticle was turning. (guess there was a reason it was in the bargain cave at Cabellas) So back to burris it went. I could also felt the weight of the the steel levang type muzzle brake that I had made in this pic make it slightly muzzle heavy. So I made a replacement one out of aluminun and saved 2.5 ounces. I still might flute the barrel for $hits and giggles.
    Last edited by moleman; 12-17-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.