Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 601 lower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default 601 lower

I am happy with it for a 1st 80% but I will need some bondo , Drill press as a mill leaves a little to be desired need to lock down the mill table a lot better

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

looks pretty good to me--real retro style!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks,

Guys over on ARF caught that I missed the "S" curve at the mag release so I'll be back on that this week if I get some time.

Feedback Score

Nice. I need to cut the S curve on mine. I only cut the lower fence on mine. My Colt is a flat side. Been looking at photos of early M16 with prong flash hiders that have only the partial upper fence. Most of the photos of M16a1 show a full fence. My cast receiver was acquired about 15yrs ago from a fun show in Houston. Is your receiver the one on GB that is cast. The front hinge on yours is closer to original than mine. Have you considered JB Weld instead of Bondo? Got my kit at Royal Tiger. Got better furniture at GPC. Early style butt with no trap door.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Willie,

Yeah, this is the $35.00 cast on gunbroker, I am trying to duplicate a 601 I have already done the upper and the charging handle. This one is all parts from various sources not a kit. I did a a1 from a parts kit from centerfire and was happy with it I used a full fence but I have another 80 so I may do a partial fence for it

Feedback Score

Those GB cast receivers are tempting. Are you pleased with the quality? Royal Tiger had kits but sold out for $299. GPC Numrich has early furniture kits with buttstock w/o trapdoor for$40 & prong flash suppressor for $13. To get the discount shipping code (online sales only) call the order number and listen to the recording as it changes often. Best thing about the space age retro rifles is the weight.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks good to me Bubba. Good job. One of these days maybe I'll get to build a retro A1.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Willie,

I am happy with them I intend to get 2 more myself. Thanks for the heads up on the stock sets

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

2nd,

Thanks

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bubbamauser View Post
    Willie,

I am happy with them I intend to get 2 more myself. Thanks for the heads up on the stock sets

Ditto.... Ordered two this morning!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.