Thread: Ar quadrail

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Ar quadrail

So... I currently have a 7" Yankee hill quad rail and it weighs as much as I do. If you were looking for a 13-14" floating rail, what are some options?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Why, what ya doing, starting a rail road line there,,upgrayed ?

I've never been much of a fan of rails and some guns are just ridiculous with 4 rails running the complete length of the gun,,WFT FOR,,after all, honestly just how many things can you back to back on one rail, no less 4 ?? Gezzzz

I've only got 2 guns with rails and honestly I don't like either, and both are minimal length on the rails on both of mine. Rails belong on receivers, not fore arms IMO.

And as you say,, heavy as Hell besides when there aluminum railed forearms. One of my buds has a shotty that has more rail than you could shake a stick at , or could ever fill up with stuff. With just a light and a red dot and the forearm on the gun, it comes in at 13 1/2 lbs as opposed to the 7.5 pounds the shotgun was before he started adding all that crap?? And he's still thinking about adding,,, a forward vertical grip and laser and a rail mounted side saddle type shell holder, rail mounted sling point and who knows what else he'll think of later,,,,

I told him if he put on one more thing on ,,he'd better add a car dolly too, just to drag that frigging thing around with,,Good Lord It weights as much as a loaded Garrand already!!!

Now that I've abused ya upgreyed, how ya been ,,haven't seen you on for quite a bit ,,,,Oh Shit,,,maybe that's just why you haven't been on lately,,,abuse!!!

What is the rail going to be used for? Sights, lights??? If just for a light or something like that, just screw a small rail blank on a standard plastic forearm as needed and Bingo,,ya just shaved off 2-3 lbs. maybe more with some I've seen out there. This one on the shotgun goes almost to the end of a 20" barrel and must weigh 3 lbs or more,,and all for what purpose???? Plus IMO, it just looks weird.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hahahah. Nah, I've got an angled foregrip on the bottom and an eotech up top. I suppose I asked the wrong question. What would be a good lightweight system for the front? All I need is really the upper...perhaps the lower rail but not a requirement. Just looking for weight reduction

My friend suggested the Rock river arms TRO system. I don't need all rails either so....

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Samson Evolution..........

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.