Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A little something new in the .45 arena....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Rudy:
    You found me got all the info hope I haven't bugged you too much just trying to make the best for the bucks. THANKS
    Gunco Member 2241
    NRA Life Member

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

ALWAYS happy to answer questions....I have started a FAQ for the website that I'm working on......turning into a book...LOL

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Machinist View Post
    Only problem is I haven't found a mag of consistent dimension externally in all three calibers.....or even a good high cap that does 9mm and .40....glock mags require a dedicated upper (or someone sharper than me to design a magwell adaptor because of the latch) and modding magazines as a rule comes back to haunt you. I have significant plans for 40 S&W in the near future....but I gotta make back some of the pile o money I have recently spent expanding the shop.

If you can suggest some mags I may have overlooked I'd REALLY appreciate it.....I do have a yellow logic 80% lower with a dedicated Sten magwell and a mag catch similiar to an AR45 lower that I am going to try with Sten mags adjusted for 9mm and 40 ....both with DI uppers.....

The new magwell adaptor continues to amaze me.......stress level was a little high today so I decided to go out back and fire a few rounds......had a box of beat up rounds from cycling tests that pretty much were beat to death and I was sure wouldn't feed worth a damn....even had 5 or 6 truncated cone hollowpoints.......which NEVER feed well.....threw 'em in a mag and stripped the first round. Appearantly the combo of the feed ramp in the magwell adaptor and the changes I have incorporated into the barrel extension just flat WORK....it fed a mag of 15 junk beat up rounds with out a hitch......and the bolt locked back after the last round.....LOL
    Rudy,
    Aren't the USC and UMP mags the same? http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-UM...zines-c196.htm
    (I'm almost 100% sure they are.)
    The mag O.D. dimentions should be the same for all 3 calibers.
    The UMP can be changed to different calibers by changing the bolt and barrel.
    I guess I don't understand why you couldn't do the same thing on your magwell adapter design.
    I think this is the best pistol caliber adapter idea I've ever seen for a AR.

P.S. Just a friendly heads up. Forget a Glock mag conversion and when someone bings it up, RUN!
    I have done it with the Glock/Kris 21 mag on a HK roller locking system.

If you really want to go down this road, I'd help you and I even have a de milled S.S. Glock 9mm lower.
    The problem is, it's not the same sized magwell for all 3 calibers and the different gen mags are different width's.
    (Some gens bulge when loaded.)

One gen mag would fit perfect in my weapon, but another gen mag wouldn't. It was just a pain in the ass messing with Glock mags.
    Last edited by gwailo; 02-21-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Added Info
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Kenny,
    I'd love it if the USC and UMP were the same....but if I am correct...the UMP is a double stack where the USC is a single stack mag........do you have a UMP 40 mag I could borrow for a few days...if it will fit I'll do my damnedest to do an adaptor....as I already have a 40 upper in the safe.....

Feedback Score

Rudy,
    No, sorry I don't have that mag. If I did you'd be welcome to it.
    You might be correct about the mags. I don't have no real hands on time with the USC.
    I know people convert them from the USC's to UMP's though.
    Now you have me wondering the width of a UMP mag? Feeding a double stack mag isn't all that bad, once you figure out the correct angle and feeding distance.
    Last edited by gwailo; 02-24-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

From what I understand most of the USC/UMP conversion is centered around the magwell. I had an MP5-40 mag at one time and it was waaaaaay too wide. If anyone has one I can borrow I'd love to look at it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

4th.....thought you might like to see your barrel get machined for the chamber and barrel extension
    Last edited by Mad-Machinist; 03-06-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'd like to say I'm not jealous, but that would be a lie. Congrats on the lathe, new building, and the barrel program, and programmer.....and hot power company rep if she's still hanging around. So you're basically done by the time I do a skim pass.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Haven't seen the Hot Georgia Power Engineer lately.....and that barrel operation is all my guy Chris.....I just film the stuff....Hes getting the profile program done now...in the future the standard barrel will be profiled to run the mid length free float or a carbine with front sight base...as will the 11 inch stock barrel.....the 10 and 7.5 will be a straigth .750 diameter back to the gas block boss.....and then we will still do the custom options as well....

Smartest thing I've ever done was hire Chris....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Rudy.. 4th here Yo my Bro..

My cat just projectile vomited on all my paperwork.. Your number was in the mess.. Cat flew papers flew. P.M. me your number.. Please..
    Sure that was not you in the movie "Rudy" from Notre Dame..
    Rudy, if it easier for you to do an 11 inch barrel on mine, hell I do not care.. 11 inch is fine, anything longer I have to move too Wyoming with Black Blade.. LOL..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.