Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good deal on barrels? and PSA kit

Feedback Score

Default Good deal on barrels? and PSA kit

So just surfing their site I noticed Classic is offering these Bear Creek Arsenal AR barrels at what I think is a great price. I dont know much about the company except that Classic has been plugging it but figured I'd share.

AR-15 Rifle Barrel, 16" M4 W / 1 in 8 Twist Parkerized .223 / 5.56 NATO By Bear Creek Arsenal - Accessories

AR-15 Rifle Barrel, 18" Heavy Barrel 1 in 8 Twist .223 / 5.56 Nato - Accessories

AR-15 Rifle Barrel, 16" , Heavy Barrel 1 in 9 Twist Parkerized, .223 / 5.56 Nato - Accessories

And since j4x has been slacking, $400 PTAC complete AR kit minus the lower.

PTAC 16" 1:7" M4 BLACKHAWK! Rifle Kit
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Ill tell you its hard to find a good review of the Bear creek stuff .

from what i have read there the same as Moore machine ???

has any one actually shot one of these ??

I have been looking at AR stuff for a buddy who wants to build a upper .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

$79 is a good price esp for a 1-8" 18" middy H-bar.

now i don't know who bear creek is? seems like i heard the name before?? didn't SMG, CTD or somebody sell them?

might they be related to red-X or???

honestly i don't know about um-- SMG sells ESS barrels for about the same --but i don't see any 18" middies in 1-8" though.

if i was looking for that 1-8" 18" though i would give one a try.

Feedback Score

The rifles themselves are getting good reviews on classics site but its hard to know if the people reviewing them are good sources of information haha.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

PTAC 16" 5.56mm 1:7 Carbine Length M4 Profile - w/ BCG & Charging Handle

PTAC complete upper $299 free shipping

I dont own an AR...finally took the plunge and ordered one of these. From the reviews it looks like it'll do just fine getting me into the platform.

Havent decided if I'm going to *assemble* a lower or *build* one since there's a lot of stripped lowers out there for about the same price as the 80%rs. Of course I'm a glutton for punishment and getting my hands dirty so I'll probably go with the later.

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you can probably get a finished lower cheaper than an 80%

lowers have been going for $49 for some time now.

and i don't consider doing a 80% "building" anyway.

drilling a few fcg holes and opening up the FCG pocket ain't nothing like what is required to do a raw forging.

honestly i don't know where people get off on this kind of BS>

i did a few 80s back when they were less expensive that a finished forging , today i don't see how it is worth it less you get a super deal on a stack on them and have the tooling jigs.

to do just one-- it ain't even worth getting the cutters and drill bits dirty.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

make your own out of the 80%, show yourself what you can do with your own two hands, the worth is in the accomplishment, money never did have anything with building your own
    any idiot can assemble, especially a AR platform
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    drilling a few fcg holes and opening up the FCG pocket ain't nothing like what is required to do a raw forging.

honestly i don't know where people get off on this kind of BS>
    I do agree with you on that, just using Sprats terminology We have to remember though that there are people out there who can't even put together a piece of prefabricated IKEA furniture.

My good friend has a jig from a few hes done or else I wouldn't even consider it.

Like you say Sprat I do enjoy putting the work in. We'll see.

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

Well since Im a glutton for punishment I gave it much thought and decided to order 2 of jack squats weldable AR kits. I've got my little HF welder, plenty of bits/files/grinding wheels and patience.

It will definitely keep me busy, and who knows maybe Ill end up with a receiver!

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

then why not do a raw forging? --all your getting to do is 20%-- on a 20--

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    make your own out of the 80%, show yourself what you can do with your own two hands, the worth is in the accomplishment, money never did have anything with building your own
    any idiot can assemble, especially a AR platform

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

bear creek ar barrels

bear creek ar-15 review

bear creek ar-15 reviews

bear creek arsenal

bear creek arsenal barrel quality

bear creek arsenal barrel review

bear creek arsenal barrels

bear creek arsenal review

bear creek barrels

bear creek stainless ar 15 barrel

ess barrels any good
what type of barrel is on ptac 16 7 twist
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.