Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: AR-15 build complete w/Jack Squat flat

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

interesting
    first: thumbs up on a build and build it is
    second :I have the buffer hole tap you could have borrowed it ( you pay the shipping)
    third :in the old days lots of guy turned down the threads on the tube and sodiered the tube into the lower

I see you tack welded this, I was wondering if the parts can be brazed ( with silver solder) together like the triggerguards on late WW2 M-1 carbines,
    I also think I read where dutigaf screw one together

hey as long as its functional you are good to go
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Without a doubt that is nothing but cool and interesting as all get out.been wanting to do a pistol build and that would be a good beginning. Thanks and congrats on your pictorial. Good job.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for answering that question

I was wondering if the parts can be brazed ( with silver solder) together like the triggerguards on late WW2 M-1 carbines,
    I bet you could, but I would tack weld it together to test fit everything, then fill in the seams with the silver solder.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jimraynor21 View Post
    It does have a BHO and thats another tricky part of it. For anyone that decides to do one of these make sure you drill the pivot hole before you weld the channel in or youll have a hell of a time.
    A #42 Aircraft Extension Drill will solve that problem. Same thing we use on 0% lowers.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

could be the ticket for a lot of things like-- a 45 acp lower, 10mm, 7.62x39 conversion--

i've been thinking about doing a lower just to test how big a mag i can fit in the ar mag wells limited area between the pin holes.

being made from sheet metal gives ya a lot more room to play with---

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    Looks great! I like it. You guys just about got me talked into an AR. I'm just scared that they will be like the AK's and multiply like frickin' rabbits!
    AR's are WAYYYYYYY worse than AK's in that respect.....an armorers wrench something to hold an upper and a few punches and you can build one in under 30 minutes.......I don't even know how many I have anymore.........

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the write up, Jim. Gave me the motivation to start on mine. Got some done today.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Jim, How much deeper do you think the mag catch needs to go in order to work? I'm at the point on mine wher I'm about to add the magwell plates and thought I'd go ahead and gouge out a channel before adding the left side plate. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Basically if you install the catch as it, the tab that is supposed to catch the mag sits perfectly flush with the magwell.

Hope that helps
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

very glad you tried one of JACK SQuats flats.

he does an excellent job of laser cutting these & they do make a fine, strong, heavy lower.

as SPRAT mentioned there are plenty of these taps out there for the rear tube, you just have to ask.

welding the nut at the back works just fine if yoru careful as you said.... other people are turning the tube down and opening the hole a little to get a slide in fit and then pinning or set screwing them.. any of these work.

good job & thanks for sharing!
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.