Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 build complete w/Jack Squat flat

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jimraynor21 View Post
    Basically if you install the catch as it, the tab that is supposed to catch the mag sits perfectly flush with the magwell.

Hope that helps
    O.K, I gotcha. Now that I have a reference point I can see how much I need to relieve from the area in question. BTW, I am having a blast doing this. I am truly in my "element". Welding, grinding, fitting is really what I like doing. And I havent had 2 dozen "O CRAP" moments with this. I think I might do me a 308 version next!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

JS is a guy who out of nowhere just came up with this stuff & started making it available on WG a couple years back. its turned out really well for him & everyone who buys them.

good parts, good price. :-)
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    good job & thanks for sharing!
    Thank you brother. I didn't realize who you were on WG until the other day!

And thanks to everyone for all the kind words/ideas/methods in finishing one of these/AR lowers in general. I bought two kits in anticipation of screwing something up on the first one, so all of the advice will surely make doing the 2nd one even smoother. I put another 60 rounds through it with no issues, so I'd call it a success thus far. Definitely speaks worlds of Jack Squats kit with this being only the second firearm I've built.

Mtdew thats looking great, feel free to keep this thread going w/your progress.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    JS is a guy who out of nowhere just came up with this stuff & started making it available on WG a couple years back. its turned out really well for him & everyone who buys them.

good parts, good price. :-)
    I remember all that going on over there back then. I thought it was a super cool idea but then I lost track of it. I just by chance found Jack's Flat Spot a coupla weeks ago and ordered one.
    You really don't have to be an expert welder to do one. I just tack welded it together, then came back with a moto tool and made some relief cuts in what I considered important areas for structural integrity and back filled the relief cuts with weld. Then grind, grind, grind. Making it work should be easy. Making it pretty will take some work. Jim's turned out well. I'm thinking of forgoing making it look nice and doing a post-apocalyptic look.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Jim, awesome job!!! Thanks for sharing/documenting your build. I'm tickled about these. Jack Squat has really done a lot of cool stuff with the laser cut build parts. Definitely a smart guy.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's how I centered the stock tower. Put tape around a bolt carrier till it fit in the upper snug. Eyeballed clearance around carrier. Made sure stock tower piece sat on rear of upper squarely. Put 1 drop of superglue into the lower stock tower hole. Hold till set. Clamp stock tower piece onto upper. Weld away! If you didn't want to eyeball it you could build up the tape on the carrier directly behind the upper so it fits snug into the stock tower piece.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

OK Jim, I have another question. How did you do the safety detent pin? There is nothing but the fcg bottom plate to drill thru.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Couldnt go any further till I figure out the dentent situation so I took it out to the drill press. Then I took hold of the moto tool w/ the tiny pointed diamond bit and the letter punches just for something to do. Fun fun fun!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think to keep things safe I will stamp an S and F under the "LIVE" and "DIE".
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That looks nifty MtDew. Excellent..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.