Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 build complete w/Jack Squat flat

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That came out nice, and yes you put a lot into that using a flux core welder
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Looks nice, maybe I should get a few of these to build or "mess around" with. With the affordable prices of many AR parts - it would make for some nice projects.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

My welder can be converted to gas but I have been told I would be much better off getting a better quality welder set up for gas already.
    I think I will look into it.
    Yeah, it came out ok but then again I went back over the welds several times, after each grinding session I would find new voids and slag. Finally I was convinced that it wouldnt fall apart when firing so out came the JB Weld to fill in the tiny pits and imperfections. Sanded and re-applied the JB twice. What a friggen hassle! Everything in my work room is covered in JB dust. Too hot to go out to the shop to do it.
    Yeah, I think these puzzle kits are sweet.
    And the more I think about it the more I want to go shopping for a new welder.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

:-)

well if you can use that to get a new welder from your wife? then have at it!!

but if not? convert it over. you wont believe how much difference it makes right off...
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I know what you mean, Sean. I used a gas mig when I worked at the boat plant. The welds are so pretty, and if you set the wire speed and heat just right you can have almost no splatter. I just need to put some green away and do it!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I used a flux also. A lot of people discount them but they definitely work well for a lot of things as far as strength/literal use.

But as far as making things pretty after using one is quite a bit of elbow grease for sure. Like you said though dew, I don't mind putting in the labor on a good project. A gas welder is in the near future for sure though.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks great Dew!!! Yeah I definitely would love to get some of those to work on.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

jim, how many rounds did you say you had thru it? I thought I read it somewhere. Any signs of premature wear? I don't quite have mine together yet.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I think 120. I was replying to the guys critiquing the welded on castle nut over on WG. So far so good. If it does cause an issue Ill be sure to update so that people can improve on the idea but Ill be surprised if it does.

Everything else on it is solid as well. I was leary about the PTAC LPK after reading a few reviews but IMO the trigger is pretty nice. Short consistent pull, just on the heavier side. Felt recoil is also a joke. I may have to find a cheap A2 stock just to see how much more I can mitigate it.

Also decided to put a carry handle on instead of the cheap optic I had laying around. Wouldnt hold a zero worth a damn(which I kind of expected) and to be 100% honest I just love GI/peep sights. Got that zero'd, next time I head out I'll actually be able to see how this upper performs at 100 yards.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks good Jim.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.