Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tried something different.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I have used Duracoat for years, and I like it. My only problem with the product is that if you need to spray different parts at different times, it's tough to get the sheen just right. More hardener, more gloss IIRC. I like the camo kits they have. LOTS of different patterns. My God there are a lot. I would love to do a FAL in the Rhodesian camo pattern. A .308 AR in the Winter camo would be cool too. I like the job you did on yours. Looks good. What kind of shoulder stock is that? Looks oddly large.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    What kind of shoulder stock is that? Looks oddly large.
    It's a Rock River arms entry stock. Very short, same as collapsed M-4. Smallest fixed stock available @7"
    http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...-prod9946.aspx

I'm going small and light weight on this one. light profile barrel, carbon fiber fore end, micro red dot, entry stock. I'm shooting for 32" OAL and under 6lbs
    Last edited by 7.62x39; 08-05-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added link

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post

... I remember eading a thread on god knows whos website many many moons ago, that anodizing is a form of advanced weathering, so if one left the finish exposed, mother mnature would do the rest.

Quite possible. Anodizing is really just an acid bath with a little current running through it.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    It's a Rock River arms entry stock. Very short, same as collapsed M-4. Smallest fixed stock available @7"

I'm going small and light weight on this one. light profile barrel, carbon fiber fore end, micro red dot, entry stock. I'm shooting for 32" OAL and under 6lbs
    Cool deal. I was wondering. I've never seen one before, but I'm not a huge AR guy.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Finally complete.
    The final 3 pieces I was waiting for (rear sling QD, optics & 1/2 riser block) came in. I gave them a little of the camo treatment and added them.

Lfin.jpg

Lfinsling.jpg

Rfin.jpg

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That came out real nice x39.

One thing I would suggest if you're using any paint system on an aluminum gun would be an acid etch primer underneath. DuPont makes a dandy called "Veri-Prime". You'll get real good adhesion with any paint that way, just be careful using it,, that shit ,,,,IS NASTY !!!! Wear rubber gloves when doing the final sanding prep on the primer too, it will crack the Hell out of you're hide otherwise. And obviously a mask when spraying,, that shit will kill ya!!! Seriously.

I don't have any pics handy of some I've done, but I've used a automotive 2 part acrylic enamel low sheen (called, Hot Rod Black) over that primer many times and it match's the normal black anodizing/finish normally found on AR's very very well.

That acid etch primer is good for any metal and is tough as nails,,you can't even knock it off with a hammer it seems and it makes a super undercoat for any paint system. Just remember my warnings about gloves and masks. It's a must !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.