Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: AR upper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    MtDew,, have you got any of the Anderson gas piston uppers, sense you seem to mention Anderson often ?

I was wondering cause I saw a blem heavy barrel upper I kinda liked but I have heard mixed reviews about Anderson's stuff,lots of not so good reviews about there guns, and especially there customer service. What's the poop? You had any issues with them?

I don't know about Anderson's uppers but I got one of their lowers from a LGS last year on sale and it was not worth the money. The magwell is machined too far forward and will not work with magpul magazines and even USGI aluminum mags need a real good slap to get them to seat. Since the magwell is too far forward it creates a lip where the upper overlaps and causes the mags to hang-up or not seat at all in the case of PMAGS.

Otherwise the lower is pretty nice with a good finish and nice tooling. I'll probably insert a 9mm block and build a 9mm carbine out of it since I've been wanting to do that anyway. But I would not recommend Anderson simply based on my sample of one. they may work fine with Anderson uppers but they do not work with my BCM or a friends Daniel Defense uppers.

YMMV

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    ha, Kenny, I gave my 2 wheels up after a blue hair crossed 3 lanes in front of me. I get the urge every now and then, but not too much. really don't miss it. I had never been around horses until we got ours. after the wife blew her back, I become hi sole care taker. I really got to liking the big beast. he was special
    Scott,
    I'm more worried about being clipped from behind by people texting and driving. I already had a VERY stern talk with a lady that almost got me, but I don't think she will ever make the same mistake again.
    I also know what you mean about the horse. I have a dog that has been with me most every day for the last 4 years and I'd be lost without him.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I gave up my 2 wheelers too, between the screwed up neck and pot holes here in Vt that would swallow up a VW bug I said no to building one for now. To bad too, I wanted to build up a 100 ci S&S turbo powered soft tail with a extended springer front end,,old school cool,,,to go along with my Buick at the car shows, but after seeing the road conditions around here the last few years, I've got to slide on one for now. Motorcycles just aren't safe to dive around here at the moment.

There are literally foot deep and 20 ft long stretch's of blacktop missing on many of the roads around hear lately. Even main roads. Not so good for bikes.

Feedback Score

I found an complete upper from a member (sprat) Olympic quad rail, it doesn't come with a bolt or carrier. which bolt and carrier should I be looking for ? I would also like to get furniture that goes well with this upper. Uzis much cheaper to build, or maybe because I have an abundance of parts sitting around.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    I have seen some DEL-TON that I like, are they reputable and known to be reliable in general?
    Timo, yes the Del-Ton is a reputable company. From my prior research they seem to be middle of the road. They aren't high end expensive parts, and they aren't bottom dollar junk. Just basic good quality milspec parts.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    I found an complete upper from a member (sprat) Olympic quad rail, it doesn't come with a bolt or carrier. which bolt and carrier should I be looking for ? I would also like to get furniture that goes well with this upper. Uzis much cheaper to build, or maybe because I have an abundance of parts sitting around.
    bolt and carrier on the AR are probably the most important parts. i would get a BCM, Colt, Centurion Arms, or LMT carrier with bolt.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

BCM OR SIONICS for a complete upper. Aero Precision has some nice stuff too!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score

I went with a BCM BCG- for the Olympic upper, I am also in the middle of an JS build so I ordered a aero precision upper with out a barrel. the JS build I am trying to build from bottom up. the 80% GB build I am more concerned with beauty and functionality, it being my first AR build.

Feedback Score

Default completed 80 %

I finally got around to take some pics. These being my first AR builds I purchased two of the 80 % in the group buy thinking I would screw one up, fortunately I was able to complete both. Just want to thank everyone for their help and patience, ( I drove Sprat crazy I'm sure) but he was a huge help. 7.62x39 send me a mechanical drawing early on which for an AR newb is a must. They both shoot great, they still need to be dressed up with accessories.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Are there any tips, tricks or enhancements that anybody would be willing to share to make a basic bolt and carrier group perform like a high dollar BCG?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

anderson magwell problems

ar 15 blemished uppers

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.