Thread: 'Pre-Ban' Colt MT6601, with a CRIMINAL HISTORY

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

For Sale 'Pre-Ban' Colt R6601, with FELONY CRIMINAL HISTORY

Stolen, used in a crime and confiscated for a year.
    Ok, the criminal history; This rifle was stolen by a teenage neighbor of the guy I bought it from (who bought it new). This dumbass teenager was mad at his girlfriend's mother and took it over to her house and held her hostage for whatever dumbass reason. He subsequently gave up, the rifle was confiscated by the local PD. When it was stored by the PD they had it wrapped in a blanket in the basement and it got wet. (wicked up water and stayed saturated for a long time) When the guy got it back it had suffered some damage; a 'chipping' on the receiver and some on the barrel (externally). It was shipped back to Colt and it has the new 'black' color on it, not the grey it was initially. It has the big front pivot pin.
    So, I am culling the collection to fund another project. I think somewhere around a thousand down the pipe. Functionally perfect, but it does have some cosmetic issues. Great for those that want a conversation piece, or in those commie states that need a pre-ban.
    $850 shipped to your favorite FFL. In a preban box (non-matching) with several 20 round mags, one is a blocked Colt, another Colt and some Armalite steel mags. Might consider some trades for primo Yugo kits, 74S kits or send me an email with some interesting offers.

Kevin_M4 AT AR15.COM

Last edited by Kevin_M4; 11-24-2005 at 11:02 AM.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Neat rifle, weird story.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

it is a shame about the corrosion (pits/chips) on the lower receiver.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Lauer said it could be fixed with his dura-fill stuff, I actually got the angle as bad as I could for the pictures, it's hard to notice in person.

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm?Category=320

Feedback Score

Nice AR.....wish I had the money (and was more in the market for an AR). Always cool to have something with a little history behind it.
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.