Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1.25" AK Barrel Pin Press Adapter

24K views 213 replies 118 participants last post by  Mackaroo 
#1 · (Edited)
As I posted later in the thread, the HF 20 ton press needs a 1.5" adapter so excuse the typo in the thread title. ;)

I'm making press adapters for removing AK barrel pins. The 1" adapter fits the ram on the Harbor Freight 12 ton presses, the 1.5" adapter fits the 20 ton press. Each adapter comes with a long and a short hardened steel pin, extra pins are 5 pins for $1. Please specify whether you want extra long pins, short pins, or a combination of both. The adapters are $25 shipped priority mail to anywhere in the US.

thanks,

Butch...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·

I'd like one also, I have the smaller 12 ton HF press. Would that take the 1" adapter ?

#14 ·
Not a problem, I'll be making more of them this week. As long as there's interest, I'll keep making them. I haven't decided on making 1" adapters yet, but if there's enough interest I'll make up some of them as well.

If you want one, post in this thread. With the way my real job goes I'd rather not take orders for them just yet. I make the adapters in my spare time, and once a batch is ready I'll PM interested people based on the the order they posted here in the thread.

Butch...

#16 ·
This would add to my growing collection of world class assembly tools. Ranging from the coolest trigger guard 4 plus 1 rivet jig to Xebec's barrel pushing tool. Thanks everyone for saving me time, frustration and ruined or butchered receivers.

#17 ·
Hey guys, I ran into a bit of a snag today.

Figuring I needed to test fit my adapters before shipping them out, I ran down to Harbor Freight this morning. The 20 ton press they had on the floor has a 1.5" ram diameter, not a 1.25" ram like my own press does.

Oddly enough I had already ordered 1.5" bar stock to make the second batch, and I'm sure I have some tubing that'll fit it at the shop. What this means is I need you to measure the ram on your press and let me know before I ship out an adapter that won't fit it. If you have a 1.25" diameter ram, terrific. If yours is 1.5", I'll have those made up and available in a couple of days.

I did check with the post office today, shipping via priority mail will run $3.85 to anywhere in the US.

Butch...

#19 · (Edited)
Winn R said:
Just measured -- I'm 1.5".

Umm, Winn ol' buddy, you might have wanted to word that a little differently.
You know the type of guys we have here, a statement like that could come back to haunt you.:rofl:

Edit to ad; My ram is also 1-1/2".

Well actually it's 1.443, I was thinking that was a odd size, then I remembered it is Chinese so it must be metric.
Just for grins, I switched my vernier over to the metric scale. It measured 36.78mm. LOL where do they come up with these sizes?

#20 ·
7.62x39 said:
Umm, Winn ol' buddy, you might have wanted to word that a little differently.
You know the type of guys we have here, a statement like that could come back to haunt you.:rofl:
That's diameter. Length is another issue altogether and the composition is steel. Oh -- and the driving force is 20 tons!

Just to clarify!!:cheers:

#21 ·
The one I measured today was 1.5145". I also now understand how people manage to bend the pins, and why they want spare ones. I was surprised at how much the 12 ton press frame flexes, and how much side to side play both HF presses have in the ram assembly.

#24 ·
Winn R said:

That's diameter. Length is another issue altogether and the composition is steel. Oh -- and the driving force is 20 tons!

Just to clarify!!:cheers:

I'm not touching this one.....uhmm, maybe I should have phrased it differently.

#26 ·
Taking a page from the way Toten Kopf ran the headspace group buy III, I'll be editing the first post in the thread to show who want's what and the status of their orders.

As of 11/9/05, I've got eleven 1.5" adapters made up and will paint them in the morning. I also converted on one of the 1.25" adapters to 1" today, and should have the other 4 converted tommorow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.