Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1.25" AK Barrel Pin Press Adapter

24K views 213 replies 118 participants last post by  Mackaroo 
#1 · (Edited)
As I posted later in the thread, the HF 20 ton press needs a 1.5" adapter so excuse the typo in the thread title. ;)

I'm making press adapters for removing AK barrel pins. The 1" adapter fits the ram on the Harbor Freight 12 ton presses, the 1.5" adapter fits the 20 ton press. Each adapter comes with a long and a short hardened steel pin, extra pins are 5 pins for $1. Please specify whether you want extra long pins, short pins, or a combination of both. The adapters are $25 shipped priority mail to anywhere in the US.

thanks,

Butch...

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
Tailgunner, I would like one of the the adaptors for my HF 12 ton press. The diameter of the ram is .995" . I would also like 5 extra short and 5 extra long pins. Thanks to Coyote3 for tipping me off about these!

ec

#31 ·
Woohoo!!

Butch,

Your jig is amazing. I decided to do an assembly line barrel pin removal. I had five Romy kits and used the short pin to break each pin and push it out a tad. Then I switched to the long pin and removed five - count 'em - five barrel pins with no problems in about five minutes.

Many thanks.

#32 ·
Looks like I need to get in on this. I've got a 30 ton press. I'll measure the ram tomorrow. I'd be in for an adapter, size to be determined, and some extra long/short pins. I'll firm it all up later in a PM if you're still taking orders. Thanks!!

#37 ·
Ok, I better get one also. 12 Ton Harbor Freight Press. Sent the size most likely to fit. Also want the five (5) additional pins. 2 shorts & 3 longs. Let me know where to send you the money and my shipping address - Thanks.

#39 ·
This thing s the best AK barrel pin remover there is, I have destroyed many tools pushing out Romanian pins including one that last quite a few times from Xebecs set, but this thing is built like a tank, should last forever.

Get one, you will never be sorry!!
Thank you Butch

#40 ·
Chiroone said:
This thing s the best AK barrel pin remover there is, I have destroyed many tools pushing out Romanian pins including one that last quite a few times from Xebecs set, but this thing is built like a tank, should last forever.

Get one, you will never be sorry!!
Thank you Butch
Well if you drop it on your foot you might be sorry. ;)

Butch...

#41 ·
I received mine today, It looks great. I think I am going to have to clean the paint out of the pin hole. The pin won't go in without alot of pressure, I don't want to get a small one in and not get it out to put a long one in. :)

#42 ·
gunkgy said:
I received mine today, It looks great. I think I am going to have to clean the paint out of the pin hole. The pin won't go in without alot of pressure, I don't want to get a small one in and not get it out to put a long one in. :)
That's certainly possible, the pins run from .2501 to .2503, I drill the holes at 15/64" and ream them to 1/4". The reamer is new and according to my micrometer is .2501", it wouldn't take much overspray to create an interference fit. As the tolerances are really close, take care when you're removing paint. The paint is acrylic, a Q-tip and solvent (gun scrubber, brake cleaner, or carb cleaner) will remove it without buggering up the hole. :)

If it's still too tight after cleaning the hole, PM me.

#46 ·
Tailgunner is the most squared-away guy I have ever done business with on-line. If, like me, you are hesitant buying from ?some guy on the Internet?, do not let that stop you. He responded promptly to all of my questions, and kept me informed of the status of my order. I dropped payment in the mailbox on Friday and received the tool the following Wednesday. And by the way, it works great! I had 4 stubborn pins out of kits that had been sitting around my shop in less than 10 minutes. A+ all around, thanks for the great product and stellar service.

#48 ·
Got mine and it had one major flaw........It looks too darn nice to use! Without a doubt it's the best looking, best made barrel press pin tool I've seen. Period.:)

#50 ·
I would like one for my 12 ton HF press. I guess thats the 1 inch adapter plus I would like 10 short and 10 long extra pins. PM me a total and a paypal addy and I will send it asap........thanks

I guess its $24 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.