Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1.25" AK Barrel Pin Press Adapter

24K views 213 replies 118 participants last post by  Mackaroo 
#1 · (Edited)
As I posted later in the thread, the HF 20 ton press needs a 1.5" adapter so excuse the typo in the thread title. ;)

I'm making press adapters for removing AK barrel pins. The 1" adapter fits the ram on the Harbor Freight 12 ton presses, the 1.5" adapter fits the 20 ton press. Each adapter comes with a long and a short hardened steel pin, extra pins are 5 pins for $1. Please specify whether you want extra long pins, short pins, or a combination of both. The adapters are $25 shipped priority mail to anywhere in the US.

thanks,

Butch...

Attachments

See less See more
#82 ·
Used this product again the other evening on one of the Rommies where a longer jack rod had to be used on the 20 ton press to get enough leverage.

The snap sounded like a rifle shot but all the pieces held together on the press.

And the pin was loose.

#85 ·
texasvwnut1 said:
Tailgunner -

Two questions.

1) I have a Northern Tool 12 press. The press has a 1" ram. Will your Press Adapter attach to a 1" ram?

2) My ram showed to be 1.208 on my calipers. Would I need a 1" or a 1.25" Press Adapter?
I picked one up Friday for the sane press, get the 1.25, it works great. TG is a good guy to deal with.

#86 ·
texasvwnut1 said:
Tailgunner -

Two questions.

1) I have a Northern Tool 12 press. The press has a 1" ram. Will your Press Adapter attach to a 1" ram?

2) My ram showed to be 1.208 on my calipers. Would I need a 1" or a 1.25" Press Adapter?
1) I primarily make adapters in 1" and 1.5" for the HF presses, but can and will make them in whatever size is required to fit a preticular press.

2) Icarus is correct, 1.25" would fit your press the best.

I'll PM you with the details.

Butch...

#87 ·
Well Butch, it looks like I'm going to need one in 1.25" as well. The deal on the Northern 12 ton presses was too good.

I've broken a cheap vice, bent at least 7 of the grade 8 bolts, hit my wrist with the BFH:eek:ld: (bad aim!), and still don't have the &^*^(*%#$^$ pin out. It's either the Tailgunner pin press adapter or drill it out, and I prefer the press adapter.

Let me know about the adapter and shipping to Oak Ridge, zip 27310.

Thanks,
Terry in NC

#101 ·
I guess I'm getting old, 6000 miles in 11 days is just about all the road trip I can handle. Got to see some old friends out in Cali, and re-confirmed that I'm happy as hell I don't live there anymore. ;)

Glad to be back home, should have all outstanding orders shipped before the weekend.

Butch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.