Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTS RPD AND ROMY RPK CLEANING RODS

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  swesley 
#1 · (Edited)
WTS RPD AND ROMY RPK CLEANING RODS ALL SOLD

i have many rpd and romy rpk cleaning rods.they are 21 and 1/4 inches long.they are to 3/4 of a inch to long for a yugo rpk,but i do not know about a rpk 74 because i do not have one to check with.i prefer discrete paypal.money order or cash must be received in 5 business days.$15 each shipped con us.you can cut off a inch and use it for a yugo rpk to fill the empty slot. ALL SOLD

See less See more
#7 ·
I got your PM, but I don't have enough posts to reply yet. Go ahead and put me down as a definate "I'll take it" for one and I'll just shorten or legnthen it as needed. I'm attending gunsmith school right now so either way, it shouldn't be too difficult to change the legnth if needed.

#12 ·
If all you want is the look, just cut the end off until it no longer hits the front trunnion when inserted into it's guides and the knob end fits into the recess under the front sight. Use a hacksaw, cutoff tool on a grinder, dremel, whatever.

If you want it functionally the same as the Yugo rod, you'll then need to reduce the diameter of the cut end back about an inch, and thread it.

#17 ·
If you want it functionally the same as the Yugo rod, you'll then need to reduce the diameter of the cut end back about an inch, and thread it.
I don't know if it will work that way. The slot for the cleaning patch looks like it'd be right in the way. It's pretty close to the skinny part of the rod. You might end up with a very long skinny fork if you did it like that.

My plan is to cut it just behind the slot in the rod. Then shorten the other long half till the two pieces combined are at the required legnth. Then chamfer the edges and line them up and reweld them back together. Lastly just file the weld smooth and paint or coat the rod with your covering of choice. I'm going to try to do this where the welded area will be hidden inside the LHG in case it doesn't clean up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.