Thread: AR to AK Mag Adapter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sold! AR to AK Mag Adapter

SOLD SOLD SOLD

This is a Renegadebuck mag adapter that allows the use of AR mags in a stamped receiver 223 AK or Saiga.

It works fine, I got some Bulgy 223 mags and don't feel I need this anymore.

Asking $100 shipped
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Coils; 06-02-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Sold :D
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

bump
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

i have a saiga in .223 and was eyeballing one of these a while back, and was either told or I read somewhere that you had to do some metal removing from inside the rifle, and that once this was on there, you could pretty much not go back. You said you got diff. mags now and dont need this (meaning thats not true??), just out of curiosity, how does this guy go on there, and what mods do you need to do to the rifle, if any? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

and was either told or I read somewhere that you had to do some metal removing from inside the rifle, and that once this was on there, you could pretty much not go back
    There are two adapters available, this one and another, the other one might be like that?

If you watch what your doing when removing what needs to be removed, yes you can still use AK style mags. There's a thread in the Saiga rifle area but here's the short of it.
    If you look into the mag well at the trunnion you see that area where the two rivets go (one on each side), this is the area that needs most of the work done since the AR mag is wider at the front, you can put an AR mag in and see this. A small amount is taken off the lug that the front of the AK mag goes into but this only takes a fews passes with a file.
    Now if you don't pay attention and just take out metal until the AR mag fits, you could possible make it so AK style mags no longer work.

The adapter itself has a tang that hooks between the receiver & trunnion and the rear locks into the factory mag latch.

Hopes this helps

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Bump

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Bump
    PM Sent. Mike....

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.