Thread: M31 Suomi Bonanza

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Default M31 Suomi Bonanza

Lost interest in this project . Time to move on to something new so I am offering the whole mess up to someone who wants to finish things. This is a gun built on a TNG M31 Suomi receiver. It started out as a complete TNG gun but it was doubling and tripling out of the box which makes for a bad day at the range. I sold off the original striker fired bolt and trigger assy and one of our fine forum members built me a genuine closed bolt AR15 firing pin fired bolt and converted remington trigger group set for it. Very nice work too. The receiver has been opened up on the bottom for the hammer . The barrel has been threaded on the end 14x1mm LH and relieved for a bipod. Bipod is included. 4 drum mags are included. Also included are another M31 barrel that has been threaded 1/2x28 and a complete front end that has been threaded 1/2X28 and had a barrel extension welded on. Theres also a short M39 barrel shroud that has been cut flush .

Heres the problems. The Original TNG barrel had been deep chambered so it would only work with their bolt. That way you couldnt swap bolts to make it a SMG. I found that after the fact. So If you buy this stuff you'll need to headspace the barrels to match the bolt thats in there now. That means you'll need a lathe and a 9 mm chamber reamer. Otherwise it won't work. OK it would work with .380 ACP ammo but to run 9x19 in it you'd have to deepen the chamber cut.

I'll leave this up for a few days and if theres no interest I'll part it out. The receiver is a FFL item so that would have to go through your dealer. Everything else would get sent to the buyer. $600 delivered or best offer for everything. Silencer not included but it shows how concentric the 14mm threads are on the original barrel.

shrkattk@gmail.com

email me if you need any more pics.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

First $450 cash gets it. I'll start to part out Wednesday. Trades considered
    Last edited by chipmechanic; 05-08-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

im thinking seriously about it... will give you a yell on monday.

s
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.