Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WTB OR TRADE FOR A MUASER 98 ACTION

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default WTB OR TRADE FOR A MUASER 98 ACTION

IM LOOKING FOR A MAUSER 98 ACTION ( ME AN EVERY ONE ELSE ) ID CONSIDER JUST A RECIVER TO BUY OR MAYBE TRADE SOME THING FOR.

NEEDS TO BE LARGE RING.

WANTED TO PUT A 6.5X55 TARGET BARREL ON.

ID ALSO CONSIDER A WHOLE GUN IF ITS CHEAP ANY BEATERS OUT THERE??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Why not a action from Samco in a 96 action if you're going to 6.5x55 anyways? They got them advertised there. I love 6.5x55,,,, by far my all time favorite caliber, just before 06 and 270.. all very versitile calibers for a wide range of game. I've made some ammasingly accurate shots at incredible distances with the x55 Sweed,, and whats so sweat,,, the recoil is surprisingly light with it. LOVE THAT ROUND!!! Shit even the beater ones I see,, IMO,,, now are pushing 250,,, even a piece of shit one!!

Builder, Destroyer, Hater SLUG36's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

what do you have to trade?? where you located?
    What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in Volume!!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Why not a action from Samco in a 96 action if you're going to 6.5x55 anyways? They got them advertised there. I love 6.5x55,,,, by far my all time favorite caliber, just before 06 and 270.. all very versitile calibers for a wide range of game. I've made some ammasingly accurate shots at incredible distances with the x55 Sweed,, and whats so sweat,,, the recoil is surprisingly light with it. LOVE THAT ROUND!!! Shit even the beater ones I see,, IMO,,, now are pushing 250,,, even a piece of shit one!!
    THE 96 SWEDE IS A SMALL RING CORRECT?????

I HAVE A LARGE RING BARREL IN 6.5X55 FROM A DANISH TARGET RIFLE I WANT TO BEABLE TO JUST SCREW IT ON.

I GOT THE LAST BARREL NUMRICH HAD. ITS A SCHULTS AN LARSEN BARREL OF THERE MODEL M58 THAT WAS APPARENTLY MADE FOR OLYMPIC SHOOTING OR SIMULAR. ITS GOT A GREAT BORE IS A HEAVY PROFILE THAT IS ABOUT 3/4" AT THE MUZZEL AN
    27.5" LONG. HAS A FRONT SITE POST FOR SOME SORT OF TARGET SIGHT . FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THESE WERE CUT RIFELING BARRELS THAT WERE INSTALLED BUY SCHULTS AN LARSEN OF DENMARK ON GERMAN MAUSERS AN THE LIKE THAT WERE CAPTURED OR ABANDONED AFTER WWII. I CANT SEE ANY THIUN WRONG WITH IT THROAT AN RIFLEING LOOK GOOD TO ME. DONT KNOW WHY THEY WERE REMOVED.

SOME OF THE RIFLES WERE IMPRTED A FEW YEARS BACK BUT SOLD FAST.

I WAS GOING TO PUT IT ON A AK BUT ITS TO NICE TO CUT UP IMO. FIGURED ID FIT IT TO A CHEAP MAUSER ACTION IF I CAN FIND ONE AN SEE HOW IT SHOOTS. IF IT DONT ILL YANK IT AN SCREW ON A 308 0R 30-06 BARREL OR SOMETHING ELSE.

I HAVE NEVER BARRELD A MAUSER BUT HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO. WHO KNOWS HOW IT WILL HEAD SPACE.

I HAVE A FEW MAUSER RIFLES INCLUDING A PAIR OF 1919 ARGINTENES AN A PURVIAN CARBINE OR SHORT RIFLE BUT iD REALLY HATE TO DESTROY THEM . ALSO GOT A NICE SPORTER IN 308 WITHA CRAPPY PLASTIC STOCK I HAVENT SHOT BUT ITS WELL DONE OTHER WISE. i JUST HATE TO DESTROY A COMPLETE RIFLE. ID LIKE TO JUST FIND MAYBE A ROUGH SPORTER IF ITS DRILLED OK FOR THE RINGS WOULD BE NICE IF THE BOLT WAS BENT ALSO BUT NOT COMPLETLY NESSACARY.

I NEED TO GET MAUSER EDUCATED SO I KNOW WHAT FITS WHAT.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

You know what I found very strange when I picked up a few mausers a couple of years back? They will ship complete rifles right to my door using my C&R, but receivers only must go through FFL.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You know what I found very strange when I picked up a few mausers a couple of years back? They will ship complete rifles right to my door using my C&R, but receivers only must go through FFL.
    I need to get a C&R. these mosins are killing me so cheap but need to be transfered.

a 98 has to go ffl any way dont it??? I thought only the early ones were C&R??

Builder, Destroyer, Hater SLUG36's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I need to get a C&R. these mosins are killing me so cheap but need to be transfered.

a complete Mauser can go C&R, but if you mod it, must go ffl.

just like sporterizing changes c&r status,
    What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in Volume!!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I Have a few with some pitting, all 98 large ring let me know what you have to trade

PM me

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I Have a few with some pitting, all 98 large ring let me know what you have to trade
    PM sent

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post

C&R kicks in at 50 years, I haven't seen too many model 98s made after 1962

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.