Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR and AK for Sale to Gunco Members ONLY!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

At the last show I saw a Mak90 go for $800. One mag and sling, no box or extras.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My advice is look at what are going for on Gunbroker and decide what is right from there. that Mac is probably worth well over 1000 dollars over there. with Feinstein's bill now being introduced people will be scrambling to get anything. I'm surprise you didn't have bullet buttons on them already and we're keeping them in California?

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    My advice is look at what are going for on Gunbroker and decide what is right from there. that Mac is probably worth well over 1000 dollars over there. with Feinstein's bill now being introduced people will be scrambling to get anything. I'm surprise you didn't have bullet buttons on them already and we're keeping them in California?
    No, NOT in Kalifornia. These became "Assault Weapons" in Kalifornia as of 1999 because they are on the Named List of Banned Firearms. I sent them to my Father in Texas for safekeeping, and because that is a legal transfer. The thought was that I would move to Texas, but that never happened. Both rifles are in Texas, NOT Kalifornia. PLEASE! Do not plant THAT seed!!! All I need is some LE lurker to to get that impression!

My desire to sell these to a Gunco Member boils down to the culture here, and the Law Abiding Nature of our Members. This is why I am asking what a fair "Non-Gouging" price should be. I do NOT want to sell via GunBroker. The last Pistol I sold was an East German Makarov, Stasi Issue to an FFL C&R holder in Illinois. The package "Broke Open" at the Fed Ex facility in Chicago....Nice Trick, seeing as how it was triple boxed and each box was securely taped closed.

Needless to say, I got a lot of heat from the Chicago Police over this, my Local Sheriff got involved as well; and the buyer got worse. No laws broken, shipped and declared, copy of FFL in ALL THREE of the boxes. It just soured me on GunBroker, even though they did nothing wrong. I suspect that LE Lurkers might have been involved in that fiasco.

I have had nothing but good experiences buying and selling here, and I feel like anyone here who would buy one of these would be the kind of person who would appreciate them....

Thanks!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Man I have no idea on value since everything is going crazy right now, local shops are selling Yugo M70s for 1500 (yes they are selling).
    And the only AR type of things I've seen are the basic 16" models going for $2k and stripped lowers are in the 500 range.

I'd be interested in the AR but I have no idea what to offer
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yea sorry I forgot about them being banned even if they had bullet buttons due to being listed . .

It was clear to me they were in texas.

If your committed to selling it here maybe take offers by PM for a few days an take the best one you feel right about. Im sure what ever you do you will be respected for it.

I feel for you I came from California an know how screwed up it has become out there .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    While I applaud your effort to "keep it in the family" I'm sure you are aware that you will do much better on the open market.
    I think that our members are too savvy to pay the hyperbole prices that these are bringing at the moment. I look at the pricing of some of this stuff on gunbroker and I just have to shake my head.
    In total agreement! If people want to spend crazy prices then I believe you will get the best of both worlds... you help out some unprepared folks and get some cash in the process. So I'd say see what the market can bear... Gunco-only or "open market"... Win-win!

"Reasonable" prices aren't coming back for perhaps a year... perhaps maybe not until the next Prez election... if you need to sell I'd say no better time.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

remember belson that Bushmaster is a Preban receiver by serial # I believe the L1 serial is preban so I'd say your Ar is worth 1500 -2500 range these days.. your mak is about a grand to 1250 range.. it's crazy right now..but I think things will calm down in a year or so.. Sellers market.. B2B

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt2bounce View Post
    remember belson that Bushmaster is a Preban receiver by serial # I believe the L1 serial is preban so I'd say your Ar is worth 1500 -2500 range these days.. your mak is about a grand to 1250 range.. it's crazy right now..but I think things will calm down in a year or so.. Sellers market.. B2B

It makes me sick at heart. This whole thing is fabricated by idiots. AR rifles should not really cost more than $550 for a standard model, and then add for goofy stuff. AK's should not really cost more than $300.

3-5X value is horrible and usurious.

This whole BS issue could be avoided if Obama would shut his stupid ignorant mouth. What a tool.

I am starting to think that maybe I should just send these a another friend out of state. I do not want to feed this beast that Obama has created.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell as recently as early last year i was building a few el-cheapo ar-15s for as little as $450 and this ain't that plastic lower crap either. hell had i super cheaped out and went with them plumb crazy things the sub-$400 ar was possible with an in spec upper to boot!

but that was last year-- now that same el-cheapo brings upwards of $1,000!

most of us are thinking the same thing you are--which is --

maybe i should sell a few --

and most of us are working class , money and jobs are tight , and our bills --like these ar-15 are going up--

i would like to buy --but the world economy points me in a more to sell than buy--i just can pay the market can bear price.

my personal advice would be to just hang on to um less you have no other option.

one day $1500 in the bank is going to be like $20, but an ar or ak can at least still shoot. one day the still shoot part might be the important thing.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Yesterday, I was in a local gun shop. The owner, who I've known for many years, told me he had noticed the hype falling off lately and thought we'd see the prices start coming down in the next few weeks. If the "assault" weapon ban fails (like it probably will), people won't want to pay the high prices. I could be completely wrong, but I tend to agree with what he said. In 1994, I sold an AR for almost twice what I could have bought it for two months ago. And history often repeats itself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.