Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR and AK for Sale to Gunco Members ONLY!

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default AR and AK for Sale to Gunco Members ONLY!

Hello Gents,

This is a preliminary post, because I want some feedback before I actually list the rifles for sale. I do not want to be accused of gouging or taking advantage. A little background:

I have owned a MAK-90 and a Bushmaster AR Heavy Barrel Varmint since the mid 1990's. In Kalifornia, these became "Assault Weapons" so I sent them to my Father in Texas for safe keeping because I figured I would move there. Here we are, 14+ years later, and I am still behind the lines.

My Dad is not doing well, and my Brothers have asked me to get the firearms out. It's the right thing to do.

Here are some pics. Please just tell me what you think is a fair price for each rifle. A range is fine. I will only sell to Gunco Members, and I will only sell via an FFL. Sorry Gents, that is the deal.

The AR as pictured is now re-built with the Bushmaster lower, so back to it's original. The front gas block is not original, the original cracked.

The MAK-90 has had less than 1500 rounds through it, and that is a very high number. Also, this is one of the 1.6mm thickness receivers. Very stiff. Not too bad at 200 yards. Maybe 2 MOA with Wolf 123Gr. Slightly better with handloads. What isn't? Take note of the buttstock: It is an AK-74 pattern. The original cracked right down the top. The handguards are original, and I will include the AK-74 set as well, which is in really good condition and matches well. Slightly darker.

The AR has had less than 500 rounds through it. Nicely groups at 400. Better than MOA in my hands using a very poor scope.

I stand behind what I say here, and I guarantee the condition as you see it in the pics. I can have more pics taken, but there will be delays.

Again, looking for your OPINIONS on what FAIR prices should be. I have had RIDICULOUS offers from folks who I will not sell to.

Thanks All,

Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

If you don't want to get rid of them just yet, I can store them in Alaska for you. They'll be kept company here by many of their evil black rifle brethren, so they won't have to be lonely, waiting for you to reclaim them.
    http://www.boomsticksforever.com/
    Specializing in hand-built modular stocks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

man i wish i could tell you what their wroth.

they were pretty good pieces before the panic so they would have to bring a good bit of green today i am a thinking.

i hate to see you lost your rifles home--- that is just awful.

last guy that asked the same thing i think was told to go do gunbroker or AA/GA auction.

primarily because there was no real price anyone could set to them like they could have a year ago.

sorry i can't be more helpful--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Right now the prices of those two rifles could be anywhere from a thousand dollars to five thousand ; perhaps a bit of hyperbole . I would not doubt that that the mak could bring close to a thousand ( i know that sounds dumb as hell ) and that bushmaster might bring as much as three thousand ( again , sounds dumb as hell ) but the market is panicked and the sky is the limit . My dad was offered close to a thousand for one of my WASR 10s , standard , stock , not a thing added or taken away from it . Hell , we have all seen SKSs going for over $300 . I would offer you a thousand dollars for the Bushmaster , but that would be way under priced and there is no way that I could afford more , I am sure that with that configuration , there is no way that it would bring less two thousand dollars ( god that sounds stupid ) .
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

If you didn't mind separating the AR, I'd buy the upper.

Upgrayed has a post looking for a lower.

Feedback Score

If hes not interested in the Lower, I know that I would be =)

Have 2nd dibs here ....

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

While I applaud your effort to "keep it in the family" I'm sure you are aware that you will do much better on the open market.
    I think that our members are too savvy to pay the hyperbole prices that these are bringing at the moment. I look at the pricing of some of this stuff on gunbroker and I just have to shake my head.
    I sold a complete lower recently (Stag lower, DPMS LPK, generic 6 position collapsible stock) for $550 and felt like a bandit until I saw a comparable item going for $800 on the same forum.

jrs
    Feedback Score

Gentlemen,

I've known Bellson for way too many years. His intent isn't driven by monetary gain, but reaching out a hand to those of the 'brotherhood' here that might not have the means to pay the exorbitant prices now being asked and offering them a chance for a 'fair' offer.

I've shot that AR and I'll agree it shoots sub MOA at 500 yards. Hold'em and squeeze'em.

Perhaps I've mis-spoken, but if I have, Bellson will ask me for the difference in loaded ammo.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score

local shop bought in 2 norinco mak-90's off a local fellow NIB, turned them same day at 800 a pop. was there when the guy bought them told him they were a great rifle for the AK family.

wish i still had a MAK, currently just have my Vector Polish and my Maadi

i'll try to remember to check in on this if you do decide to sell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Being a Texan, myself, and a member... I'd take either and left over dibs on the lower. The market is crazy out there. I hate to see anyone who appreciates weapons part with their prizes. I am in San Antonio and will do a face to face just about any where in the state; it gives me an excuse to see more of this great state.

buckmeister

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.