Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB 23mm front trunnion and 2 barrels, etc

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  vinco 
#1 ·
Pretty much as the title says: I am in need of a set of trunnions for a fixed-stock AK, but most especially a front trunnion. I also need two (2) 7.62 barrels to fit 23mm trunnions. I need 2 sets of lower rails and 2 sets of rivets as well.

I got 2 of the Bulgy kits from Sportsman's Guide, and I found once I got them that they included no trunnions at all. I have since found one set of Egyptian trunnions, so I still need one more set to make a complete AK (well, 2 complete AK's actually..)

I prefer paying with Paypal, but I can work with however you need it.

TIA,
Vinco

#4 ·
Yes, they can be had if one wants to fork over a small mountain of cash, but I can't.
Every one with the milled kits you bought are looking for trunions an there getting scarce . that $100 might seem cheap in the future .

have you tried gun broker ? also a 5.45 can be made to work with some mods to the mag area there 22 mm but a barrel can be turned to fit.

Barrels will show up once things settle down from the rush .

#5 ·
The kits I bought are the "used" ones from Sportsman's guide, and they are actually Russian stamped kits that apparently sat for long enough in Bulgaria to be called Bulgarian. In reading the reviews on SG for the "new" kits they also had, people were commenting that they still had pieces of the original Russian stamped receivers attached to the trunnions. Well, stoopid me, I go for the less expensive "used" kits of exactly the same description otherwise, and I find out then that the real difference in the kits is that the "new" kits apparently came with trunnions and the "used" kits didn't. I've managed to find one set of trunnions for a reasonable price, but I'm still needing one more set to be able to use both kits I have.

I would take a 5.45 front, if the price is right. I do have a lathe, so I can theoretically turn down a barrel.

#6 ·
I would take a 5.45 front, if the price is right. I do have a lathe, so I can theoretically turn down a barrel.
As 1biggun mentioned you will also need to modify the mag area (needs to be widened). I have one of each of the trunnions (damaged, can't be used for gun builds) and can take pics of them side by side if that would help you see what you would need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.