Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WTB: SKS

Feedback Score

Want to Buy/Wanted WTB: SKS

I am looking for a decent priced SKS. Preferably Chinese but at this point ant will do. PM me please.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Good luck with that one,,have you checked prices lately on them? OUCH!!!! There running in the 450-500 range for one in VG-EX condition, if you can even find one. Hell not 10 years ago you could buy like new Russians for 79-89 bucks,,, not now!! I've seen a few "Club" ones in shops and at shows around here , but there ridiculously priced too.

Samco had some 59/66 A1's left in stock last week. Maybe there,,,decently priced,,,,,I think not! But just about the only place I've seen them on stock lately,,at least for good condition ones. Century had some g-vg condition ones with a cracked stock, but I don't remember what they were asking for them. That's about the only places I've seen them lately in stock. Perhaps someone here will have some other suggestions.

Good luck,, I've got 2 Yugo 59's, one "new" unfired and stock without even a brass/skid mark on the follower with the original arsenal tags still attached and one in ex shape done up some for hunting/plinking with a different stock and a scope mounted. Great guns IMO. I like them, but then again,,, there's not many guns I don't like other than plastic ones!

NO,,,,Don't even think about it,,,,,there my keepers!!! Sorry!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Allen's Armory just posted a bunch of nice ones at decent prices.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Just checked them out. They do look better and priced better than most I'd seen lately. Especially price wise.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I got one from century afew weeks back it was under $200 Chinese old schooled with flat blade banott was listed as creaked stock missing parts. It is only missing cleaning kit no cracked. I am going to put it into a red fiber stock to make it like when it was new.
    Gunco Member 2241
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Konrue66, what kind shape was the metal parts in and were they matching #? I'd seen them but was Leary about them,sense I hadn't had reports from anybody on them yet,,,,so,,then,,,,,,how are they??? Are they any good? That is the Chinese 53 model your referring to I presume?

I kinda like the red stocks myself, the captures we did in Nam were predominately the red stocked ones, the 53's for the most part.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

again,,,,,

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The metal is good like 85% and yes it is all matching #s not the 53 Ilooked last night it is no longer listed. I got the red stock set from someone here.

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Konrue66, what kind shape was the metal parts in and were they matching #? I'd seen them but was Leary about them,sense I hadn't had reports from anybody on them yet,,,,so,,then,,,,,,how are they??? Are they any good? That is the Chinese 53 model your referring to I presume?

I kinda like the red stocks myself, the captures we did in Nam were predominately the red stocked ones, the 53's for the most part.
    Gunco Member 2241
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've had good luck with Century for years, there always spot on with there grading too. They've always been my go-to's. Thanks for the heads up on them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Duh ,,,,what was I thinking,,,,, the 53's are are the Mossins,,,, the 59's are the SKS's!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.