Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTS/ WTT World War 2 Kreigsmarine Dagger 2nd pattern

868 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jfreakofkorn 
#1 ·
Brought back by a Veteran ....

Second pattern presentation Kriegsmarine Dagger that is inscribed on both side(s) on the blade ....

One side has a battleship and the reverse side is a eagle with an anchor ... Maker is Solingen

Very scare lighting scabbard ....

Its time for it to have a new home, or added in someone's existing collection .....

Taking in any Trades ( what do you have ) or 1500.00 obo

Leaf Natural environment Wood Grass Insect
Grass Terrestrial plant Plant Rectangle Natural material

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
jfreakofkorn. Be sure to have it authenticated first. I'm not trying to to be a smart ass here,, but,,, there were some very very well done replicas done just a few years after WW11 that were 100% correctly marked and looked out rightly to be the real Mc Coy,,, but weren't.

Want to ask me how I know???? I got burned by one. And only found out after bringing it to the Antiques Road Show for an insurance appraisal after it had been confirmed as an original by a high end local antiques dealer.

Be very careful with those type things, even the copies have a good patina at this point, so that's not necessarily a good indicator of age. Just a heads up,, honestly ,,I'm not trying to cut down you treasure. Mine sure wasn't what I thought it was either and I don't want you to find out the hard way like I did. And making enemy's in the process by trying to sell a fake, inadvertently or not.

Just some sage advice on those. Unless you know 100% the provenance, don't assume like I did. Get an authentication first. Anybody can say anything about a war relic, true or not, don't take chances. I fucked up on mine not getting it authenticated by a blade expert ,, and it cost me,,,,,,in money and customer confidence too.

#4 ·
Good, I'd hate to see you go through what I did. Just make sure you get that from a real blade guy though,, blades can be tricky,, lots of nuances with them you have to be aware of I gather. I know very little about them but have a couple friends that know them well. They help me out allot on trades.

I let a WW1 vintage 12-14" tanto go to cheap one time,,, like 1/3 the actual value,,,,,not good either!!!!

Those German daggers are a work of art IMO, some of the Japanese things too,,, just beautiful !!! There just outa my price range nowadays. Drat,, I love um too! That's a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.