Thread: Please Read and support St Judes Hospital,and maybe get a cool rifle out of the deal

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Please Read and support St Judes Hospital,and maybe get a cool rifle out of the deal

Posted with approval of Gunco
    Young man I know over on AR15.com in the Georgia Home Town Forum started the project a while back.......I'm posting this with Justin's approval to help him out with the fund raiser. It is a great cause and you get a shot at pretty damn nice AR15. His post is below......
    ************************************************** ****************************
    Please allow me a moment to introduce this rifle, how it was born and why it exists. In 2008 my 2 year old niece, Sarah Parker, was diagnosed with brain cancer. Her case was accepted by St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis Tennessee. The work they did was nothing short of miraculous. The hospital and the staff were simply amazing in the care and support they provided for Sarah and our family. Unfortunately; after a year of every imaginable treatment, my niece Sarah lost the battle she was fighting. At the young age of three years old she left this earth leaving behind two older brothers and a grieving mother and father.
    Since then our family has done several fundraisers for St Judes in memory of Sarah and all the other children that are fighting the same battle. St Jude Children's Hospital functions and exists by the way of donations and fundraising. At St. Jude, families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family’s inability to pay. With out donations and support they can not continue to fight these terrible childhood illnesses.
    I decided to run the St Jude Memphis Marathon on Dec 7th as a fundraiser for St Jude Children's Hospital. At this time, I have raised over $700. Hopefully, this rifle will add significantly to that number. You can track my progress and make donations on http://heroes.stjude.org/dana
    Several months ago i suggested the idea on the Georgia Hometown Forum of AR15.com of trying to build a rifle as a community through the donations of parts. Then sell or raffle the rifle with 100% of the money going to charity. The response to the idea was amazing and the donations far exceeded my expectations. This rifle really shows what can be accomplished when we work together as a community.
    The heart of the rifle is a limited edition Georgia Hometown Forum (GHTF) lower that is engraved with the outline of the state of GA and the script "molon labe". Only 180 of these lowers were made and no more are being made at this time. It was a one time run organized by a GHTF member. The rifle grew from there with a brand new CMMG lower parts kit, mil-spec buffer assembly topped off with a IKICKHIPPIES slap plate and S&W M4 stock. On top of the lower sits a new T marked upper with M4 cuts housing a new full auto profile chrome lined BCG. The upper is mated to a gorgeous custom hand made 16" barrel with a A2 flash hider at its end. The barrel was made special for this rifle as a donation by Macon Armory. Hand turned from a blank it is work of art. It has a beautiful heavy profile but is contoured in a way that balanced beautifully off hand with out feeling muzzle heavy. Running a mid length gas system it has a nice smooth recoil impulse. The barrel is shrouded by a 12.37" Samson Manufacturing free float tube. Samson was kind enough to donate a set of their fantastic Samson fixed front and rear sights to top of the rifle. The entire rifle was skillfully assembled and test fired by the craftsmen at Macon Armory. Once it was up to their standards it was disassembled and hit with a light coat of Cerakote to match the finish on the upper,lower, barrel,flash hider and hand guard. The finished product is stunning, the pictures dont do it justice. It is a gorgeous rifle that balances beautifully off hand, has a simple, clean, elegance about it. The rifle comes with everything pictured (except my background bandage). This includes two brand new USGI m30 round magazines, several bottles of Z Max bolt lube, the box and picatinny sections for the Samson rail and an Archangle forward grip not pictured in first picture.

For more details about the build you can see the build thread here or feel free to email me with questions (dana@aplace4us.com).
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_35/52...on_page_4.html

This rifle will be raffled off with 100% of the funds going to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. This is how it will work. Each "ticket" for the raffle will cost $10. $10 will get your name entered one time in the drawing, $20 your name will be in two time, $30 three times and so on. If you buy ten "tickets" ($100 donation) at one time i will enter your name 11 times giving you one free ticket. There is two very simple and safe steps that must be done when buying "tickets".

Step 1. Go to my official St Jude web sight at http://heroes.stjude.org/dana and make the donation for the number of tickets you want to buy. $20 = two tickets, $40 =4 tickets, $100=11 and so on. The donation has to be done on my donation page for me to see it and for you to get credit for it.

Step 2. Email me a dana@aplace4us.com and tell me how many tickets you bought, what name the donation is under on my St. Jude page and make sure I have a good email address to contact you if you win.
    It might sound complicated but it is secure and simple. First of all, all the funds go directly to St Jude never touch my hands or anyone else! It should even be tax deductible. Basically make a donation ON MY DONATION PAGE in a $10 increment. Then shoot me a email from a GOOD email address stating which donation is yours so can match the number of tickets you buy with your email. That's it.

I will draw the winner of the rifle on December 9th at 7PM. That way the raffle runs through the race weekend.

There are a few rules. First of all I will only transfer the rifle to a state that is legal to own the rifle and in the current configuration with the magazines. The winner must be 18 years old and legal to own a firearm. If the owner is out of the state of Georgia it must be shipped to a FFL. I will cover all shipping and fees on my end but winner is responsible for fees on their end. Due to the hectic nature of traveling and the marathon on December 7th and the 8th, I do reserve the right to slightly change the drawing time as needed. I doubt that St Jude would approve of a "rifle fundraiser" So no mention of this when you make donations.
    Please take the time to enjoy reading the build thread on AR15.com. We are VERY proud of this rifle and look forward to making someone a proud owner of this gorgeous rifle. But feel free to contact me with ANY questions or comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this thread. Lets not forget that the real goal of this is to benefit small children suffering from cancer. Winning a amazing AR15 is just icing on the cake!
    Thank you,
    Dana

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

After you send your email to Dana......he will send you numbers for the tickets assigned to you for the drawing....I just got mine.....thanks guys.......

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.