Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: deal on a MILL in Florida!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I tried to look at the link but it wouldn't let me see it as I wasn't a member there. So I registered at WG and I still couldn't see it. It mentioned that I would have limited access until I had at least one post so I put up a standard newbie "welcome to the site" post and checked again with still no luck. I just kept getting the same message when I tried to view the post in the link "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Honestly that site may be useful, but I have no way of knowing one way or the other because everything seems to be blocked until I make more posts. Not very new user friendly IMHO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

YES your right. its not always user friendly.. we dont want just "any" users.

we keep the market place area blocked off to anyone with less than 21 posts quality posts about gunbuilding.

we do this because we dont want to be a "for sale" board like so many other sites that the only thing they have going for them is "ads".

the main function of WeaponsGuild is BUILDING. all the help in the world someone could want for building is there... but we try very hard to keep everything else down low.

so in hindsight i guess i probably shouldnt have posted it here...just trying to help out a fella..... but most people here are members there too & have plenty of posts to see whatever they want.

my fault.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I understand completely the desire to regulate the type of members you have perusing the forum over there. I'm sure it probably helps keep the spammers on the active parts of the site down to practically nil. I wish I had more time to post over there as well as here on Gunco but going to college full time keeps me hopping right now. From what I can see of the site it seems quite a bit more active than Gunco so I may eventually end up shifting over there someday. right now I can use ALL of this site so that will probably keep me anchored over here for now.

Please don't think I'm trying to bash the WG site. Far from it. I was just a little frustrated in not being able to get to a simple for sale post. As a retired Navy machinist (MR1) I can appreciate a good deal on machining equipment and would have liked to see what was being offered.

I already have a Bridgeport Series 1, J-Head mill with a Mintouyo DRO but I'm always looking for good deals on tooling for it. It sounded like the seller had quite a bit of tooling to go with the mill and I would have liked to ask him if he might consider selling some of it separate from the mill.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

It's definitely a great deal but thanks to the Obama economy I feel like alot of potential builders just flat out can't afford the extra $$$$$$.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I think that's a very good deal, thanks for letting us know about it.
    Too bad he's not closer

I think anyone on here that lives close enough and wants a mid size mill should look into it, it's a Clausing 8520 knee mill that needs to be on a stand (I'd say it's a half size mill), the only down side is it's a 2MT spindle but he says there are collets that come with it.
    If anyone is interest let dutigaf know and I'm sure he'd get you hooked up with the seller.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMopar440 View Post
    I understand completely the desire to regulate the type of members you have perusing the forum over there. I'm sure it probably helps keep the spammers on the active parts of the site down to practically nil. I wish I had more time to post over there as well as here on Gunco but going to college full time keeps me hopping right now. From what I can see of the site it seems quite a bit more active than Gunco so I may eventually end up shifting over there someday. right now I can use ALL of this site so that will probably keep me anchored over here for now.

Please don't think I'm trying to bash the WG site. Far from it. I was just a little frustrated in not being able to get to a simple for sale post. As a retired Navy machinist (MR1) I can appreciate a good deal on machining equipment and would have liked to see what was being offered.

I already have a Bridgeport Series 1, J-Head mill with a Mintouyo DRO but I'm always looking for good deals on tooling for it. It sounded like the seller had quite a bit of tooling to go with the mill and I would have liked to ask him if he might consider selling some of it separate from the mill.
    no offense taken at all... just giving you the honest explanation of why its so "tight"..

your right there are NO spammers. :-)

we love this site & the MF site... we call them sister sites... & the staff at all 3 places are on good terms with pretty similar goals.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Dang, I'll be in Tampa tomorrow. Too bad that's too big to fit in my checked luggage.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.