Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: "Poor Mans Power Ball"

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Sounds like an interesting concept.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Since this started with a magazine, I'll ante up a magazine:

One Lahti-Saloranta 20-round magazine, new/unissued condition. This is the one seen on some Mosin and PSL conversions.

These mags officially take the Finnish 7.62x53R, which is basically the Russian 7.62x54R loaded to a slightly shorter overall length. There may be at least two variants of the Lahti magazine. Some take 54R with minor fiddling, some don't. I don't have any loose 54R to use to check this one with.

As far as actually getting them to fit in a PSL, it has been done both with a bit of welding and shimming and by using one of the old "rusty" PSL mags (which don't appear to be for sale any more) as an adapter. I've checked the fit in a Mosin, and it appears to go up sufficiently to present the rim to the bolt for feeding, but you'd have to fabricate the locating and latching bits.

update: since I had some SMLE parts laying on my desk, I tried the magazine with the Enfield trigger guard. With a little relief at the front of the guard, the Lahti mag would slide right in. So it might be useful for a 54R conversion.

Quantity available: 1

Price: free to the winning Gunco member. I'll pay the shipping too.

PM me with "LAHTI" in the subject line, and at the end of 7 days I'll roll my souvenir dice and count down the list to match that entry.
    Last edited by TRX; 06-02-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm in. I have a lot of stuff that is useless to me but I bet someone here could use the bulk of it.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Sold!

i have signed 8x10" photos of saddam hussain, bill clinton,jimmy carter, castro, noriega, and barrac hussain obama i'll trade for anything--LOL

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

WHAT,,, no one needs a set of Browning grips,,,I thought,,SURE,,, we'd have had 20 people all over that by now????
    Humm, that's pretty funny, I'd have thought that would have been a popular item,,that's why I put it up first.

Ya can't tell me no one's got a Browning High Power out there ????? Seriously???

WHY NOT,,,,you guys can't afford one either??

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

if the BHP grips will fit an witness small frame??--LOL

Feedback Score

I hope I have enough posts to participate as you all have helped me out a lot and im sure I have a few things I don't need and I definitely want to pay back what you guys have helped me out with. there are a couple things I think we could all use and you guys have come through for me...over and above. sounds like a good idea . if you could post the rules and let us know ( coils idea of a separate section sounds good).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The rules are posted in the first post in this thread. And actually it is listed under the Classified section already.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

54sks makes a good point, what if someone wants to give something away that doesn't have enough posts per rules, should the post limit only be limited to being picked for an item, but it doesn't matter how many posts to give something away?

And actually it is listed under the Classified section already.
    Here's what I meant by "this having it's own section".
    If you go out to the forum home page and scroll down to the CLASSIFIEDS section, you'll see four sub sections (Classifieds Area, Classifieds Discussion, Sponsors and Venders, User Trader Ratings), this should be the fifth sub section of it's own in the CLASSIFIEDS section.
    Just my thoughts
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

just checked my post count and I guess I wont be eligible to participate. that sucks Im interested in the lahti-saloranta 20rnd mag for a mosin I picked up for the wife,a couple saiga take off buttstocks for the girls aks,(for new York compliance-no pistol grip) and a set of pookies bolt cutter jaws if some one has an old set (I broke the homemade harbor freight jaws on the second test rivet) I think I still have a matching bolt and carrier for a Russian sks that I bought for a spare (I think its Russian I cant remember and haven't seen it in a while) if someone can use it let me know ill send it out for cost of postage. even if I m not eligible I still need to pay it forward as a few of the older members have helped me out and im real glad to have found this site and all the stand up guys I have been lucky enough to talk with.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.