Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ar kit

Feedback Score

model 1 burned me bad after ordering several kits they sent the wrong stock in one, so I returned it and they kept it calling me a liar.
    their parts are also NOT mil spec. They are cheap for a reason and now I know.

Rock River, DelTon (uses DPMS), CMMG, Spikes, are the way to go. Stay AWAY from model 1 and M&A sales, its well known in the AR world they are for newbies who dont know better.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I've done 3 using Model 1 kits all perform flawlessly.
    They do not make anything, it's all outsourced from the same suppliers that everyone else uses. CMT upper receivers, Shaw barrels etc.
    There are very few kit suppliers who actually make anything, they just buy it in bulk and repackage the parts and assemble uppers.

Feedback Score

Put together my second kit from del-ton last night (on an RRA stripped lower), havent had a chance to shoot it yet, but it was complete, reasonably priced and got to me quickly. My first kit from del-ton (also on an RRA stripped lower) works great. The service was great during both purchases. Unless something drastic happens in the near future, I will use them for my next one, and continue to recommend them to my friends.

Feedback Score

ive done one from sarco too back when they were going for $300. worked great. VERY accurate and gets shot alot.

last one was from delton, as i noticed they were the cheapest, and the options that i wanted that i had to pay extra for from the others, just hapened to be the std for the delton kit.

i checked out blackthorn recently, and they seem to be cheaper yet. ive heard they are the new incarnation of vulcan/hesse/whatever. im SURE some will be scared by that (if its true) i have a friend who got a hesse registered ak receiver to buil;d a kit from and it was a big pos, but i have a vulcan fal upper i did a build on, and it works great, never had a problem. luck of the draw maybe??

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jlr666 View Post
    I've been told Blackthorne is decent but i haven't delt with them. akpartskits.com
    so many choices on their site i can't choose what to buy. If they aren't any good please tell me, I have heard they are Vulcan under a different name but i'm very found of my Mac-10.

Bump on Blackthorne.

I have done 4 AR kits from Blackthorne, all different types. The first was really nice, so I did 3 more and have nothing to complain about. I have bought some other stuff from them as well, and I see no issues with the product, or the folks at Blackthorne.

None of the kits were "Perfect" Meaning, that the trigger and FCG parts need to be filed, fitted, and futzed with. Head space was perfect. Fit and finish was just fine.....I use Olympic Arms, Bushmaster, and Colt lowers to judge the fit and quality of kits. I am satisfied that what Blackthorne sells is every bit as good as Bushmaster, DPMS, Oly, and Model 1 Sales.

"My targets do my talking...."

Bellson

Feedback Score

I use J&T Distributing for most of my AR parts. They have good prices and great service.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Blurted01 View Post
    I use J&T Distributing for most of my AR parts. They have good prices and great service.
    +1! I have had great luck with my local J&T dealer, especially on the customer service side. I had an upper with issues due to an out of spec gas port drilled into the barrel, and the local dealer just gave me a brand new upper to replace my defective one. I have not had a problem since!

The best thing is I didn't have to wait for it to be sent off, diagnosed, etc. I told the local dealer what was happening, he pulled apart the FSB and said, here is your problem. He went in the back, and came back with another upper saying "Here you go. If this one doesn't work, I will get you whatever you want at dealer cost!".

Feedback Score

Surplusrifleforum.com • View topic - Blackthorne Kit Review

Here is a review of a blackthorne kit. Hope this helps.

Fidel Castro: Comrades, our nation is completely bankrupt. We have no choice but to abandon communism. I call Washington and tell them they won.
    Aide: But Presidente, America tried to kill you!
    Fidel: Ah, they not so bad. They named a street after me in San Francisco. (aide whispers something in Fidel's ear) Is full of whaaaa?!

The Simpsons

Feedback Score

I'am also looking to get a kit, this would be my first.I was going to go with Model 1, I think I will do a little more homework b4 I decide.

Feedback Score

Hey guys, its been a while since i last posted. I have since bought 2 AR kits from Sherluk Marketing. I have built one on a DPMS lower, it is a CAR A2 with chrome lined Hbar, 6 pos butt stock. It came in perfect condition for a very reasonable price. The only problem I had was with the trigger pin walking out during rapid firing. After searching on this board I tweaked the hammer pin to fit the groove in the pin and no more problems. That was about 500 rnds ago. Ive shot everything from some old unmarked russian steel case ammo to new remington through it with out a problem. So far its also been pretty accurate offhand but I just bought a scope mount for it and will soon be hitting the shooting range on the family farm to see what it can do since hog season is upon us.

Their site is not the best around. I didnt see the kits I wanted on the site so I called and the lady was very curtious and talk to me about what I wanted, they had it in stock and two days later I had my kits.

Give them a look, Dave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.