Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: M16s Nam. Now Iraq. ??

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

i was issued a m-16 when i first got to vietnam, nov 67, worked ok for me, but i picked up a ak-47 from a young guy that wasn't going to need it any more ( tet 68). ( long story made short, he had 3 rounds in his pocket and the rifle was still full of cosmolene.) i quit carring the m-16 and carried the ak and an m-79 the rest of my tour. i kept the m-16 cleaned and ready just in case. nothing wrong with it, but i like the confusion it caused when they thought there own buddies were shooting at them. i was on a 9 man mobility team that operated a "operational landing" yep, an air force guy. a couple of pictures of our weapons. a couple pictures of captured weapons. firefight on the airfield. last one is me, early morning after all night time fire fight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Jesus 4th.....if I had ready access to a set like that I would probably never leave the house!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Great info guys, and great to have you guys back from the sandbox. I was a "cold-warrior"('81-'89) and never saw combat but I did put alot of rounds down range. I always hated the fouling in the receiver and thought that was a dumb place for someone to design it to go. Funk blowing in amoungst all them moving parts just didnt seem like a good idea. I think the gas piston uppers are a step in the right direction,altho some will disagree.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I was attached to the 82nd in desert storm and we had the A2. With a lot of vietnam vet's still in when I joined (80). I took there advice and guidance. First chance, I picked up a AK (Still had cosmoline)for a backup. I never had a problem with the A2, and was lucky never had to use the backup.
    And a THANK YOU... for all who are still serving and in harm's way,

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Sarge Ron.

Wow can't believe this post is still going, cool.
    4th C.co. 3/12 R.V.N. 68-69. II corps.
    The guy in the left of this picture is a "Dustoff Medic" Fred Hughes. He did only recovery on downed aircraft. Two tours.
    The guy too the right is Air force Rescue. John Henniger. Also on call for downed pilot rescue Nam. Myself and John knew each other as kids in Connecticut. Do you recognize him or does that name sound familiar?
    I watched your "Insane" Air Force Para Rescue boys jump out of a helo recently down at Patrick A.F.B.. They jumped about a mile out into the ice cold river.
    Thought the boat would be rite there too pick them up. They swam to shore. I almost called the humane society for cruelty too humans. Damn those kids are tough.
    The early 16s had a lot of jamming problems, mine did not. Think it was the powder they used but I am not sure.
    I welded my selector on "Full Auto" and she always seemed to keep ticking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.