Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 5.45x39 AR-15??

Feedback Score

The Adam's Arms piston uppers are completely melonited, so you won't have to worry about shooting the corrosive ammo. I found 5.45 x 39 for .12 shipped to my door. There aren't any problems with jamming either. Overall, I'm very happy. The upper will pay for itself in a couple thousand rounds.
    Type 07 FFL/SOT
    www.coldhandarms.com

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I just cut mine to 11" it is a lot more fun to shoot, now I have 3 different caliber uppers for my shorty ar.

Feedback Score

I own one of the Smith & Wesson 5.45 rifles. I have put a couple thousand rounds through it and never had a malfunction until my last range trip. The rifle was clean and oiled and I had only fired 60 or 70 rounds when a spent case stuck solidly in the chamber. I was shooting Bulgarian surplus. The empty was stuck so well I had to bring the rifle home and hammer it out with a solid rod through the bore. I have never had a stuck case before in my life. Anyone know what would have caused this? All I can think of is maybe the round was oversized or produced excessive pressure.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapme View Post
    I own one of the Smith & Wesson 5.45 rifles. I have put a couple thousand rounds through it and never had a malfunction until my last range trip. The rifle was clean and oiled and I had only fired 60 or 70 rounds when a spent case stuck solidly in the chamber. I was shooting Bulgarian surplus. The empty was stuck so well I had to bring the rifle home and hammer it out with a solid rod through the bore. I have never had a stuck case before in my life. Anyone know what would have caused this? All I can think of is maybe the round was oversized or produced excessive pressure.
    I never had a stuck round in a rifle like that. Lot of stuck rounds in revolvers due too cheap purchase of re loads for plinking at the range.
    Shell actually split and it took the same method you used too get it out.
    What does the case look like? Is it split open?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    I just cut mine to 11" it is a lot more fun to shoot, now I have 3 different caliber uppers for my shorty ar.
    God I love those shorties you guys built for me. Each night I pick one and bring it too bed with me.
    Tonight was the .223s turn.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by steve831 View Post
    The Adam's Arms piston uppers are completely melonited, so you won't have to worry about shooting the corrosive ammo. I found 5.45 x 39 for .12 shipped to my door. There aren't any problems with jamming either. Overall, I'm very happy. The upper will pay for itself in a couple thousand rounds.
    Had too look up melonited. Sounds good. Check this vid. out.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I just pick up a Adams Arms 5.45 upper for $550, WOW can wait to get it here , I working on m SBR paper now too, YAY

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hey Jack!

bring your next time you come down to BIg Als and give me a yell... we'll hook up and will bring mine...

s
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Here's a working link to 5.45x39 mag's C Products Store: 5.45x39 Stainless Steel Magazine, AR Platform
    My self I don't like them
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.