Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: c-products 24 round 7.62 mags hitting shops.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak c-products 24 round 7.62 mags hitting shops.

anybody pick up the c-products 24 round (i think) stainless steel mags for the AR 7.62x39 upper???

copes did have them for $24 and change before they sold out.

i plan on picking a couple up --but i'm not in any hurry cause i have a couple of franken mags i made along with some nice 10 rounders that will do me for now..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

humm--i hear from a semi-reliable source the c-products 24 round mags are being pulled--and are to be replaced with 30 round mags. the thirty rounders are to arrive shortly.

Feedback Score

I hadnt heard anything about that, but its deffinatley good news! I have one frankenmag that I bought but hell if I'm gonna pay $40 each for mags. I tried making one but it didnt work out so well, can you post pics of how you did yours and what you did about the follower? Thanks

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

LOL my mags look awful- i would hate to see you kill a good AK mag either.-LOL i can't wait till the real 7.62 AR mags show up , my frankenmags are tired and ugly. seems like there is a thread on the net where a dude goes through the whole step-by step process of building the franken-mags from either a sks mag or AK.

7.62x39 "Frankenmags" for M16/AR15 - UZI Talk Forums
    7.62x39 "Frankenmags" for M16/AR15 - UZI Talk Forums

but say $12 for a chepo 10rd mag+ $15 for an AK mag = more than new mag--when it gets here-- i don't think i'll be making any more. i did see a 20rd 7.62AR mag @gun magazines yahoo--don't know if it is the c-products or some other brand--i don't think it is SS though.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

ar-15 20rd gun magazine
    ar-15 20rd gun magazine

i never heard of "national mag" before--so i can't say if there any good. IF they work post your results here--at $29 i can't say their a must buy--IMHO --i think i wait for the C's

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

c-products mags???? there overdue again??

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    ar-15 20rd gun magazine
    ar-15 20rd gun magazine

i never heard of "national mag" before--so i can't say if there any good. IF they work post your results here--at $29 i can't say their a must buy--IMHO --i think i wait for the C's
    Every National magazine I've bought has been crap. Haven't bought any of these but not sure I want to.
    "You can't cover up crazy with a new pair of jeans"

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i am about to give up on the concept of running 7.62x39 in the standard AR-15 platform.

i know it can be done. but industry just don't want to put out the required mags. how long has c-products been promising the 7.62/ar mags?? since the ban ended??? maybe they think there isn't enough of a market for them to bust their chops getting them finished????

i think i may trade/sell my 7.62x39 upper and put the $$ on my 6.5 grendel project.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

update

since i posted this the 30 round c-products 7.62x39 mag has become in stock at several of my buy from locations. 44mag.com, AIM, & copes to name a few.

i now have a total six of these mags from c-products and 44mag and 4 more ordered from c-products.

so far i am happy with them. the first three i got directly from c-products seem to feed and function fine. the second three i got from 44mag seem to be just as good and have a bit better finish.

the 30rd mag is only a tiny bit longer than the stock 30rd 5.56 mag. it is shorter than the AK 30 rd mag. in the rifle or carbine it is less clunky than the AK although it is heavy when loaded.

i had one hiccup with the first mag loaded up in a brand new CAR upper. but i think that was more of the new wear in of the upper than the mag. these mags are a little more expensive than the 5.56 but if you look around you will see lots of mags selling for what these are going for. they seem to be very well made--not disposable tin junk. so it is not a bad deal at the going price. on happy 7.62x39 ar camper!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.