Thread: Colt Match Target - just aquired one

Feedback Score

Default Colt Match Target - just aquired one

Hey guys, what is up with these ban type guns? I like the heavy barrel - what is your opinion of the match target? 20" bbl "Colt Match Target Competition" i have badger 1" dia rings on it.

I want to redo the forearm with a floater and put a night force on it and slap a trigger job eventually.. ideas?

Wow this place changed.. nice new look.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I have a match target competition hbar II (16"), and I love it. Keep em clean and they run and run. When I first got mine, I put a scope on it and it held a half inch group off the bench with no other upgrades. I've since returned to iron sights, but I couldn't be happier with it. Congrats on your purchase.

Feedback Score

thanks Fritz. i traded it for a Benneli M1 super 90 18" bbl.

This Match target is like brand new - he just put the 30mm badger rings on. NOt 1". Thinking about a NXS 2.5-10x-24mm scope. I have some cheap ATN scope on it now.

This thing is accurate as hell! did you ever hear about trigger work getting done on the se match targets? they seem better than my bushmaster already.

oh man, i also like this new US optics scope CSGW-ST10 10x37mm, w/ the GAP reticle.

From here

AR15.COM :: Forums :: CSGW-ST10s are here!!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

My trigger is no worse than other factory AR triggers, but its not the best either. I haven't had any issues with it though. There is no shortage of aftermarket triggers around to better that element, but being a Colt, even if I did switch out the trigger, I'd keep the original around just for good measure.

Feedback Score

I had a Colt Match Target, must have got a bad one. No matter what I tried, it just was not real accurate. The barrel looked great, no crown damage or anything, but it just would not do any better than about 1.75MOA. I tried different loads and bullet weights even.
    The trigger was terrible, but I can shoot better than that even with a heavy trigger.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.