Thread: M&A ar barrel quick-swap kit? anyone use it ?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Default M&A ar barrel quick-swap kit? anyone use it ?

Quick Change Barrel retrofit kit

any one use this kit? i am looking at it hard for a quick swap from my 5.56-m4 to a 6.5g mid length-- any problems with it ???

thanks-!!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

As cool as it seems, I see issues with your optics. Who cares about a quick change assembly when it isn't sighted in when you assemble it? I think you could benefit greatly from having two designated upper assemblies. The ability to utilize multiple upper assemblies on a single lower is the true beauty of the AR platform. Your optics will be dialed for their upper, and they will not change zero upon removal. The real fun part here is the fact that this can be done in the field, with NO tools at all.

You can do what you like, but an entire upper is the route I would take.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I agree with Fritz. Plus at $50 each for the quick change barrel nut you're half way to a regular upper. If you factor in a 2 barrel set up you might as well just buy the second upper.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea and that is sort of what i was thinking--get another m4 upper from del-ton--and just have a spare upper for the other round--

Feedback Score

A barrel install on a regular AR is a ~30 minute job as it is. Neat idea, but it is fixing something that isn't broken IMO.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 45Colt View Post
    A barrel install on a regular AR is a ~30 minute job as it is. Neat idea, but it is fixing something that isn't broken IMO.
    +1

It also occurs to me if you are wearing out barrels so fast that you need a "quick-change" solution, you probably have a problem that isn't going to be solved by a new barrel either...............

Taken that a push pin and spare upper assembly would be a whole lot quicker than the "quick-change" process anyway................

The only real utility I can see for it is, well frankly, I can't see any real utilty for it. I think that would require a very vivid imagination!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.