Gunco Forums banner

opinions of 4 position m-4 stocks ??

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  iNuhBaD 
#1 · (Edited)
i'm looking at a m-4 kit that has a standard a 4 position m-4 adjustable stock.

all my other m-4orgeries came with either a 5 or six position stock that either was or close to mill spec.

are these 4 position stocks good enough or are they junk????"":help:

#2 ·
I thought the 4 position stock was just an older design, then replaced by the 6 position?
I got a 4 position and I like it, but then I always use it all the way out and collapse it for storage or transport.

#4 ·
I'd say the quality is about the same. A guy I shoot with has a Colt AR with the 6 position and the only differences I noticed on his was the unlocking lever thing was better made and the checkering on the butt end was deeper, other then that is looked and felt the same.

#7 ·
I thought the 4 position was a "car-15" stock, the 6 position being a "M-4" type. I think you can get varying quality out of either design. I also think the buttplate is a good bit smaller on the car-15 than the M4 type.

I also think the car type has a sling point on the top, the M4 has a swivel on bottom? (I like the top mount.)

#8 ·
I have used both and really have no preference. I always shoot with it fully extended and did not really notice any length difference, I shoot alot of different types of rifles so I am constantly changing my grip to adjust to the rifle. I guess if you prefer to shoot in any other position than fully extended you could run into a comfort problem. I would definately stick with a trusted name brand maybe one with a name that matches the reciever, there are some really low buck stocks out there and I don't think I would trust one of the cheap ones. If you can find a trademark on it and identify who made it that would probably tell you if it is junk or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.